CHAPTER 12

HEATHER POV

“ Heather! Heather, open up this door right now!” Nancy yelled, outside of the toilet that I was in.

“ Go away!” I sniffed, my knees on my chest as I sat on the closed toilet seat.

“ You’re still Captain of the school cheerleader team. The girls need you.”

“ Nancy, just leave me alone! My life is over okay?”

“ No, it’s not dummy. So what if you used to be a boy? I’m lesbian, everyone knows and it’s none of their business.”

“ It’s not the same!” I cried.

She violently pushed the door but it didn’t open. I heard her grunt and mumble some words.

“ What are you doing?”

“ Coming to get you, you can’t hide in there like some tortoise.” She answered.

I wiped my tears and slowly rose to my feet. It was obvious, she wasn’t going anywhere.

I then opened the door and found her standing. There was awkward silence.

“ What?” I asked, moving pass her.

“ You can be a baby you know that? I always have to get you.” She spoke.

“ There is no practice today, I begged the coach to cancel it.”

“ Thank God you did!” I said, fixing my face before the mirror. I looked terrible!

“ I spoke to Dexter, he umh …he said that he saw Randy and Zero high-fiving each other after you ran out of class.”

“ What?!” I asked in pure shock!

“ That’s what I thought too. Do you think…”

“ Wait a minute,” I said as I recalled one conversation that I had had with Randy.

“ You’re such a freaking liar! I wonder what else about you is fake!”

“ Damnit!” I hissed before punching the sink.

The sink felt hard against my skin and I couldn’t help but wince.

“ Those bastards!” Nancy hissed from behind me. “ Especially Zero, how could he?”

“ I think we should let the school find out the culprits, just in case we are wrong.” I slowly said, I couldn’t accept it, it couldn’t be them!

“ Yeah okay I guess…” she concluded.