CHAPTER 50

NOVA POV

As one of the speakers spoke from the front stage, I sensed movement from Dexter.

He slowly moved his hand and touched mine gently. His hand felt warm and rough against my soft and gentle skin.

My lips twitched as I tried to hold in the smile. Someone had actually held my hand! I was happy.

“ You’re okay?” he suddenly spoke.

“ Yes, I’m okay.”

“ You still haven’t told me why you decided to go up the pool stand. What happened?”

The image of the mean girl with curly hair and glasses suddenly filled my head. My forehead frowned.

“ Nova,”

“ It was Rue, she  told me to do it.” I spoke quickly.

“ Rue?”

“ Yes, she goes to the same class as I. Khia’s friend with the glasses.” I explained.

“ What did she say exactly?”

“ She told me that if I did it, she would tell Khia to back off.” I said before realizing that I had said too much.

“ She’s bullying you too?” he asked.

I didn’t answer and instead looked away.

“ Do you like my hair cut?” he said again.

“ Yes, you look nice.” I answered.

“ I can see your face clearly now.”

“ And do you umh… like it?” he asked, his face turning pink.

“ What?”

“ My f..face?”

I blushed! Of course I liked his sharp face.

I liked his blue eyes, his angel wing lips and his jaws. He was…what was the word?

After the speech, we had refreshments while some music filled the hall.

I held onto Dexter’s hand as we moved around the hall, having some orange juice.

He was tense. I realized that he was not talking to Cyprian.

The sudden loud noises exploded inside the hall, terrifying and startling everyone.

The smell of burnt fireworks then filled the atmosphere as everyone covered their heads, some heading for the exit already.

Through the chaos, I saw Rue laughing terribly while she covered her mouth.

“ Everyone, please exit the hallway ! Please don’t panic it is just fireworks!” Some of the teachers yelled as everyone pushed their way to the exit.

So much for a successful party.
Rue and her friends had to ruin it didn’t they?

I frowned as Dexter and I walked out of the hall.

“ I’m glad that’s over!” Khia’s voice spoke from behind. “ Should have just blown off the whole thing!”

She was just so mean and miserable! I hated her with my very being.