CHAPTER 07

KHIA POV

I kept the old bag that’s made of my mom’s old jeans close to me as I looked out of the bus's window.

I could see the school’s building as the bus stopped outside the building. That was when the pushing began as we got off the bus quickly.

“ Move damnit!” I yelled as I pushed one of the students, walking inside the school. Loud noises welcomed me as I headed for my locker.

That was when I noticed the little pale blonde girl walking slowly in the crowded hallway.

She looked much worse than before, her legs like sticks. She really didn’t want to die did she? Why wouldn’t she?!

I clenched my fists in anger and decided to make fun of her. My lips twitched as I yelled, “ She’s back from the dead, Zombie Nova!”

I attracted stares from the gossip queens and other boys. Great, now it was time to roast little Nova.

“ You look horrible, what’s your diet trick?”

There were laughters from the crowd and I felt powerful. My eyes looked for a reaction from poor Nova.

She stopped walking and looked down at her feet.  I saw baby tears roll down her cheeks.

The bell then rang and I hurried to class, feeling bigger than I had walked in.

“ Hey Khia!” my desk mate Rue , yelled as soon as I walked inside the class. “ You got an admirer, he came here looking for you but you were gone.”

“ Who’s that?” I asked.

“ Cyprian. The vitiligo guy,”

“ Eww! Glad he didn’t find me. Next time he comes, tell him I’m lesbian or something.”

“ Khia!” she complained.

“ What?”

“ Give him a chance. He's got a car too. If you don’t want to travel by bus for eternity…you might want to…”

I paused. “ He has a car?”

“ Yeah dummy!”

“ Oh shit! I need to speak to him ASAP! He’s in class B right?” I asked Rue.

“ Yeah, go!”

I rushed for the exit but the English teacher, Mrs Smith stopped me. “ Where are you rushing to?!”

I stuttered terribly.