CHAPTER 58

NOVA POV

My feet dangled over the stretcher bed as I sat patiently, squeezing the teddy between my hands.

A sigh escaped my lips as I looked down at my feet. The door suddenly opened and my doctor, Dr Sharma walked inside.

“ I’m back with your report.” She said before pulling the chair and sitting down opposite me.

“ And?” I asked.

“ Everything is in line. You do suffer from dehydration though which  was caused by the previous medication so I changed it. Eat more vegetables and stay away from second hand smokes.”

“ Okay,” I said unsurely.

“ What about my period, why am I not getting one?”

“ There…your ovaries haven’t been releasing an ovum like they should have due to the medication in your blood stream from the time you overdosed on your medication. I will be running more tests but I promise you that you will be okay.” She explained.

“ So, I’m not pregnant?”

She laughed shortly, “ Of course not! You are absolutely fine okay Nova?”

I threw the teddy bear on the floor and looked away.

“ Nova…”

“ I’m getting worse every time I come here! It isn’t fair! Why do I have to live like this! This is frustrating!”

“ Calm down please…”

“ How?! This isn’t normal!” I cried. “ I wanna die!”

“ Hey, look at me. There is no such thing as normal, okay? We make everything normal ourselves okay?”

“ I kissed a boy on Friday and …”

“ And?” she asked.

“ We made love.” I said, “ What was the point if I am going to die soon anyways?”

“ Does he smoke?”

“ Yes, he smells like nicotine.”

“ Okay, let me take you home now. What do you say?” she said as picked up the teddy bear and handed it to me.

I slowly took it and wiped my tears. She then smiled at me and helped me down the stretcher bed.

I quickly pulled out my cellphone from my hoodie’s pocket and opened it.

Cyprian had called me three times and left a couple of messages. I opened one of them. It said:

Hi, I hope you’re okay. It’s me Cyprian.

I smiled shortly and opened the second one.

Hi, it’s Dexter. Are you coming to school on Monday?

Dexter, he had messaged me as well? He really cared for me. It was unfortunate that I couldn’t love him like I loved Cyprian.

A sigh left my lips as I walked towards the exit.