CHAPTER 38

NOVA POV

“ Dexter?” I whispered as I knocked on the boy’s restroom.

There was no response. I decided to push the door open and walked inside. There was no one inside.

I was late! He was gone.

My face fell as I turned around and walked out. My footsteps echoed as I walked towards the hallway.

There were a few students left as I walked out of the school. Autumn leaves filled the pavement as I looked around.

“ Hey look, it’s the class princess!” Khia said from behind.
I turned around and faced her.

“ What are you still doing here? Shouldn’t you be home already?”

“ I am looking for a friend.”

“ Friend? Geez that’s sad!” she laughed. “ Nice bag by the way.”

As she yanked my bag from my back. I almost fell down. She laughed bitterly and walked away.

My heart wanted to explode out of furry!

I had let her win again! I wanted to cry but I couldn’t. I had to be tough!

As people walked pass me, I suddenly saw Dexter. He sat down on lawn before the teacher’s cars. I decided to walk to him.

“ Dexter,” I said as I sat down next to him. His face was swollen and he had a blue eye.

“ Hi,”

“ We should go home.” I said. “ it’s getting late.”

“ I don’t want to go home.”

“ You can come to my home then!” I proposed.

“ No, maybe I should go home instead. I won’t cause trouble for you.”

I nodded before opening my bag pack and pulling out a plaster pack.

I pulled out one plaster and wrapped it around his middle finger. “ Here, let me help you.”

“ Nova…”

“ We didn’t do anything wrong. They are just monsters.” I said. “ Okay Dexter?”

“ I want to be a monster too.” He said. “ Don’t you?”

“ I do. We all do.”