CHAPTER 59

KHIA POV

“ I have the results for the biology test that we wrote two weeks ago. Before I start calling out your names, I want you all to give Nova a round of applause for scoring 97%. Despite being not here everyday, she managed to come out as the highest.”

Mr Nakayama spoke as he looked around the room for any sign of Nova.

Unfortunately, she wasn’t there.

“ Unfortunately…she isn’t here today either! I’ll have to check in with her mother. Okay, let me begin the dreadful task, may I?”

There were groans from everyone in the class as he began to call out names.

Again, I came second to Nova, like always! Why? Why didn’t I succeed?!

My face burned as I stared at my test script. 79%, pathetic! I was just a stupid bitch! That was all I was! Urrgh!

“ Psst! Khia!” Rue whispered, punching me.

“ What?”

“ You’re falling for Cyprian aren’t you?”

“ What? Khia doesn’t fall for anyone, besides…that’s not important now.” I answered.

“ What do you mean?”

“ Where did Nova disappear to ? Do you have an idea?”

“ Still angry that she came first? Listen Khia, that girl is not worth it. She’ll be dead before the year ends.”

“ And if she doesn’t?”

“ Then we’ll push her off the school building. Simple.” She answered with a smirk.

“ Or bash her over the head with a bat like Randy.”

“ Speaking of Randy, he’s back.” I said.  “ It’s time to uncover the mystery of who bashed him over the head.”

“ I know right? I’m curious…who do you think it is?”

“ Zero?” I said.

“ Dexter?” Rue whispered.

“ Dexter?” I asked in shock. “ That timid little wimp?”

“ Yeah. Think about it…he has a temper of his own.”

“ That’s stupid!” I dismissed her.

“ Heather must have done it.”

“ What? I’m telling you! Don’t say I didn’t say that it was Dexter. The guy is crazy. Did you see his hair cut?Oh! I almost forgot, he’s dating Nova now.” She argued.

“ Eww! Two wimps dating each other!”