CHAPTER 34

NOVA POV

" I am Nova," I said.

" I have to take a huff, is it okay if I leave you with Nova here?" Cyprian said to his friend.

" Sure, why not?" Dexter said as Cyprian walked away, leaving just the both of us.

I looked away. He cleared his throat and sat down next to me awkwardly.

There was silence afterwards as we both ate our food peacefully.

My heart shattered. To even think that Cyprian was interested in me! I was a joke! I was hurt. Suddenly, Zero, the class B bully stood before our table.

I looked up at him but Dexter didn't.

" Piece of shit!" Zero spoke. " You just had to didn't you?!"

What was happening? The grip on the fork I held tightened as he sat down before us.

" What? Is this your girlfriend? You're dating the SCIDS bitch? Is that it?" Zero continued to talk.

" She's not my girlfriend. I found her sitting here," whispered Dexter.

" After school, meet me at the restroom okay moron?"

Dexter nodded before Zero and his friends, who I had not seen because they were standing behind me, walked away, leaving nothing but a miserable Dexter.

" Nova, can you keep a secret?" he suddenly spoke.

" I suppose." I replied.

He sighed. " Good. I don't want anyone to know about this."

Before looking at me with tears cascading down his cheeks.

" Life sucks, every detail of it. Don't be fooled by anyone telling you otherwise. This right here is reality. What you and I are going through is reality."

My forehead frowned. I could feel his pain. He was like a mouse, trapped in a maze. Tears began to build within my eyes as well.

" Why are you crying?" he asked, seeing the tears that ran down my cheeks as well.

" ...because life is a mess," I said between tears. " One big fat mess."

" Then why are we not jumping from the top floor? Why haven't we taken the poison yet?"

" Everyone tells us to be strong, only cowards end their lives they say. Who would want to be discriminated even after they've passed?" I concluded.