Possible Connection

While spending the day with the Scouts, Natsu, Wendy and Rogue find themselves attached to some peculiar people. First, Wendy started to bond with Eren after they were done helping the squad cleaning up the castle. She was about to head towards her room to sleep, but she was stopped by Eren sitting outside on the bench.

Wendy: "Eren?"

Eren: "Oh, uh, hey, Wendy."

Wendy: "Mind if I join you?"

Eren: "Not at all; Go ahead and grab a seat."

     Wendy then sat right next to Eren on his right side and started to relax.

Wendy: "Man, I'm exhausted; How do you guys even handle that much cleaning anyway? Levi makes it look so easy."

Eren: "Well, the captain is known to be very hygienic."

Wendy: "Hehe, I can see that; I wonder how he ended up that way."

Eren: "Honestly, I'm a bit curious about that too."

     Before he could say anything else, Wendy asked Eren something that's been on her mind.

Wendy: "Hey, Eren?"

Eren: "Yeah?"

Wendy: "What do you suppose it's like to be different from everyone else around you?"

Eren: "Huh? What do you mean by that?"

Wendy: "Well, people in my hometown think I'm not fit to stand up at fight because I'm either a girl, or if I'm too weak and only heal."

Eren: "What? That's crazy."

Wendy: "I'm not weak though; I was raised by a Sky Dragon named Grandina. She took care of me like I was her own daughter."

     When Eren heard all of that, he was shocked by the results.

Eren: "Whoa."

Wendy: "Do you think it's possible for someone to give up their powers and try to be normal?"

     Eren then hesitated for a few seconds, and soon gave her an honest response.

Eren: "Honestly, I don't really know."

Wendy: "Really?"

Eren: "When I was a kid, I dreamt of being part of the Scouts, and saving lives. My life was full of happiness and light. But then, everything changed when they came around; The Titans. One day, the Colossal and Armored Titan destroyed Wall Maria, and crushed my hometown, Shiganshina. When I saw my mother get eaten alive by a Titan, it broke me completely. From that day forward, I vowed to kill every single Titan that crosses my path, so that way I could finally avenge her."

     Wendy saw how he was about to cry, and started to feel the same way when she lost her mother. So, she took Eren's hand, and told him something to keep him feeling better.

Wendy: "I know what you mean by that, Eren. I lost my Dragon mother, Grandina, in the hands of the Dragon King, Acnologia. When Natsu and I saw her, and his father, Igneel, get scratched open by his talons, it broke us completely. The same thing happened with Metalicana, Weisslogia, and Skiadrum. However, that never broke our spirits. We made a vow with Gajeel and the Twin Dragons that we would all avenge our Dragon parents, and put that heartless Bastard out of his misery. So, in a way, you and I are practically the same."

Eren: "You really think of me like that?"

Wendy: "Not just think, Eren; I know."

     Eren soon noticed that Wendy was touching his hand, and blushed softly with a little smile.