Return to HQ and Shocking Truth

After everyone came back all wounded, they were missing a lot of people. Not only that, but they all saw the crowd's reactions to their wounds, and got worried. Some didn't care, but others did. Wendy was sore after her spell, but she was awake in long enough to hear what happened next.

Wendy: "(Hey, who's that man walking up towards Levi?)"

Mr.Ral: "Captain Levi, yes, I'm Petra's father, Sir. Mind if I talked with you for a bit before she sees us?"

Levi: "Sure. Why not?"

Wendy: "(Petra's father? What's he doing here?)"

     Wendy then listened carefully to what Levi is discussing with Petra's father.

Mr.Ral: "I just got her letter from her. I heard that you hand picked her yourself to be part of your team. She was very excited to meet you. So devoted in fact, well you see, her mother and I are a little bit worried about her."

Levi: "Is that so?"

Wendy: "(What are they talking about?)"

Mr.Ral: "Now, I know fathers can be a bit too worried at times, but still, I can't help but think that she's far too young to be thinking about marriage. She still has so much to live for before she can finally settle down."

Levi: "She's got a lot of potential; I see that in Petra after watching her in action up close."

     After hearing what he said, Wendy was shocked and didn't know how to react from it.

Wendy: "(Marriage? Wait a minute, is Levi engaged to Petra? Why didn't they tell me about this?)"

     As they all continue to head back towards the Scouts Headquarters, the dragon slayers noticed that the entire regiment was getting hated by the crowd.

Levi: "What's the hold up? Erwin's never late. They should be here. At this rate, the damn MPS will show up; That be real luck."

     Levi then took a sip of his tea, and continued to talk.

Levi: "Yeah, who can say? Bet they're all taking a shit. Duty calls, right?"

     Eren then laughed a little bit, and got Levi's attention to break the silence for a quick moment.

Eren: "You, uh, seem to be in quite a talkative mood tonight, Captain."

Levi: "So, what if I am? Doesn't mean I was talking to you, though."

Wendy: "(Damn, that's hurtful.)"

     After Levi put his cup down, he can still feel the pain in his left leg. That reaction startled Wendy.

Wendy: "Oh my God, Levi, your leg; Here, let me."

     Wendy's hands started glowing, and then she began healing Levi's leg entirely.

Levi: "Thanks."

     After she finished healing him, she returned to her seat between him and Eren; Thus, feeling guilty at the process of earlier.

Wendy: "It's all my fault; I told them that I could handle the Female Titan on my own. I told them that I could try to at least protect them and myself for once. Thus, not feel like a burden towards the team. I just wanted to show them that I can help them.

     Eren and Levi then noticed that Wendy was about to cry, and it made them feel pity for her.

Eren: "(Wendy...)"