14. Warmth

"What!!?"

The only thing left Jungkook's mouth in shock. It was not more than a whisper. He doesn't know how to react to this. Did he hear that correctly?

How ironic, now he is the one who is questioning his hearing abilities. Because those words didn't make sense to him.

Of course he will think like that, because how can a person you barely know, is asking you to be his boyfriend? Is this how the world started working these days?

But the thing is, Jungkook always prefers to stay away from any kind of affection or love. His past never let him be with someone for any kind of warmth.

His friends were stubborn enough to stick by his side otherwise, it was safe to say that, Jungkook would be all alone in this big world.

"P-please say something" A voice brings him out from his thoughts. Jungkook didn't even realize that, how deep he went into his thoughts until Taehyung brings him back.

"Huhh?" He looked at Taehyung in a daze.

"J-jungkook please say something. I...." Taehyung is so nervous. The way Jungkook is reacting was nothing he had imagined. He bites his bottom lips in worry.

Taehyung doesn't know what wrong he asked, to gain this kind of reaction from Jungkook. The way Jungkook is looking lost. Like so lost, as if he opened some old box of memories or thoughts for Jungkook.

Jungkook don't know what to say but when he looked at Taehyung, he saw panic and concern on his face.

Now Jungkook thinks of everything. He really wants to ask Taehyung, Why he asked that? Does he even know the depth of those words? But before he could say something, Taehyung decided to cut him.

"I'm..........I'm sorry Jungkook if I said....... something wrong. It's okay if you don't.........want to be my friend. It's okay. But please don't.........be sad. I'm sorry please say something" Taehyung's eyes were getting blurry from tears.

"Why did you.......you ask me that?" Jungkook in a low voice asked. He looked straight into Taehyung's teary eyes. He felt like, he is missing something because Taehyung said 'friend' this time.

"Because that's h-how that girl in a movie asked a boy, to be his friend. So me and Jimin thought, that's how you ask a boy to be his friend. Y-you know a boy who we call a friend. so boy plus friend is boyfriend" Hold a second. Wait what!?

"What the hell? What are you saying Taehyung? Okay I think you are having a big misunderstanding. Please elaborate it for me" Jungkook asked. His pain is long forgotten. He is genuinely interested in what's going on in that head of Taehyung?

On the other hand, Taehyung doesn't know, how to explain things to Jungkook? A panic started forming inside him. He opened his mouth a few times but not even a single word came out.

"I.........wait a second" Taehyung shows a one-second sign with his fingers and started searching for something in his pockets with panic. Jungkook just blinked a few times at that.

"I had everything written in pages. Let me show you. I forget my lines" Jungkook don't know what to do. He is not understanding a single thing. But he let Taehyung do, whatever he is doing.

Taehyung started searching those pages in his pockets. He pull out a.........spring, spinner, pen, rubber band, a small mirror, wallet, whistles, nail cutter, highlighter, lollipop, brush, screw tighter, fake snake and chocolate - "Ohh this is for you" Taehyung gave that to Jungkook.

Jungkook look at that chocolate in one hand and that fake snake in the other hand and then at Taehyung's face, dumbfounded.

Why the hell Taehyung is carrying these things with him in his pockets!? And is he offering that chocolate or snake? His face is blank which terrifies Taehyung more.