31. Love or Attraction?

The silence was thicker than anything else in ICU ward.

Surprisingly, Hwan was silent too. He said nothing but he was looking at his wife with judging eyes. He was trying to read his wife's face and know, what exactly was going on in her mind.

Yuna was silent too. She was processing everything. Not that she is homophobic, she was just a mother with many dreams regarding her son's future. Every mother has, haven't they?

She also had her fair share of dreams for Taehyung... with a girl. And she needs time to get her head around it. Her silent reaction was filling Taehyung's nerves with anxiety. He doesn't know what's going to be his mother's reaction.

For Taehyung, Yuna was someone who always supported him in everything. Even if Hwan opposed something, Yuna was the one, who became his shield and let him do anything. And today, Hwan supported him wholeheartedly but Yuna was oddly silent.

Taehyung slowly raised his hand to hold Yuna's. An unknown lump was there around his throat, which was making it difficult for him to breathe. It was becoming heavy in his throat. He doesn't know what to do if his mother will not support his love.

Jungkook was the reason of his breathing.

He needs to talk to her. A deep breath was taken by him to make that unknown lump light in his throat, before he speak "Mom... look at me". It was not more than a whisper.

Yuna did. Her blue eyes made a straight contact with Taehyung's almond ones. Taehyung can see in her eyes that she fighting many inner turmoil. She was in a conundrum. Many things were going in her mind.

"What happened Mom? Say something please" Taehyung plead. The silence of his mom was killing him.

"Tae...." Yuna let out. She doesn't know what to say. She wants her son's happiness too but she is afraid of this society.

"Yes Mom, please say something" Taehyung cupped her cheeks and urge her to let out her inner turmoil. He can't help her until she opens up.

"Tae I don't know what to say" She held Taehyung's hand and remove them from her cheeks. But held them in her hands. "A boy.... I really don't know what to say".

Taehyung felt that lump in his throat growing. No, this can't happen. Not now, when he finally has Jungkook and his Dad accepted him too. His Mom.. Just noo.

He felt a sting sensation in his eyes. His eyes were burning with tears. One blink and a teardrop will fall.

"N-No.. don't say l-like this Mom. Are you ashamed of me? Are you disgusted with me that I'm gay?" His insecurities were speaking. Even if he tried harder to not think in this way but in the end, his demons won the mental game against his willpower.

Hearing him, it stings Yuna's heart. No there is nothing like that. Taehyung's sexuality doesn't reduce her love for her son. Ashamed and disgust are foreign words for her when it comes to Taehyung. Yuna hurried her way to cup Taehyung's face.

"It's not like that Tae. Your Mom is always proud of you. No matter where you stand in your life and whatever you do, I'm always there for you. You are my pride baby. Never let your mind think that, your Mom is ashamed of you. And disgust? No baby. I will die before thinking like that" Yuna's eyes were glittering with pride.

Taehyung looked at her with his big teary almond eyes, which were now shining with a little hope "Really Mom?" His voice was low but audible enough for Yuna, who nodded her head in assurance.

"Then why Yuna? Why you reacted that way?" Hwan's voice breaks their moment. He was studying everything silently. He knows something is eating her from the inside. Sometimes is making it difficult for her to accept Taehyung's love for a boy.