30. Family reunion

Emotions... they are weird, aren't they?

Like if someone will show their emotions, they will be considered normal or some people will even dare to say that, they are emotional fools to show emotions this easily and they want attention by showing them. 

But at the same time, if someone will hide them and prefer to not show them to everyone... this society will consider them stone hearted, emotionless, heartless and whatnot. They will even create names to make fun of others.

One of the victim is Hwan. He never showed his emotions. Resulting, people started considering him heartless. They started imagining him as someone, who doesn't care about anything. 

But the reality is something soo far from people's conjecture.

"H-how?"

Taehyung stuttered. The last thing, he was imagining was a series of questions from Hwan and Yuna because a stranger is visiting them out of nowhere.

Let's leave the slap aside, he is dead shocked by Hwan's words. He called him Taehyung, but how? How did Hwan know it was him?

"What how Taehyung?" Hwan inquired. His eyes were filled with tears and his eyes were not even controlling them. Only Hwan knows, how much he suffered since the day Taehyung disappeared.

Taehyung — his son. Whom he took first in his hand after his birth. Not even Taehyung's biological father. He was the one, who taught Taehyung how to walk, how to talk, and how to eat. He was the one Taehyung saw first after opening his eyes in this world. 

He was on every step of Taehyung's life.

On the first day of Taehyung's school, he cried more than Taehyung because his baby took the first step in his life, which is school. He didn't even leave the school gate that day.

He sat outside the whole time until school was over and Taehyung came out, holding hands with chubby Jimin.

That day he was beyond happy because Taehyung made a friend — his first friend — and he knew his baby is not alone. He has Jimin, which relieved his worries a little about Taehyung being alone. 

And his child, his Taehyung went away from him. Without a word. Without any information. His heart... it was ripped apart from his body.

"D-Dad... H-how you k-know it's m-me?"

"What? Huh what do you mean by that? Won't I recognize my own son? What do you think Kim Taehyung? And is this how I raised you, we raised you... You didn't thought once before leaving us!? Huh" Hwan hold him by his forearm and shook him.

He was a crying mess and that shocked both Taehyung and Yuna. Hwan never showed his emotions but today — he was showing his heart openly, without any care. It was enough to break Taehyung's strong face and demoralize his outer walls. 

Hwan started slapping his arm, demanding his answers. Taehyung couldn't control himself anymore. One second, Hwan was slapping and shaking his arm and in another second, Taehyung throws himself into his father's embrace.

Hwan pulled Taehyung even more closer by circling his arms around Taehyung's shoulder. Taehyung buried his messy teary face into Hwan's side of his neck and curled himself into his father's arms, making himself small. 

"I-Its not l-like that Dad. I n-never.... wanted to l-leave you and m-mom. God's promise, I.... I never wanted to but.. but this happened. Dad I'm sorry. I'm sorry mom... I'm sorry" Taehyung managed to tell this to his parents. He has nothing, just a sorry to say. 

"I was soo s-scared Dad. I was t-terrified. I... I'm sorry" He was sobbing hard in Hwan's arms. Even it was becoming hard for him to breathe. Hwan noticed it and it worried him.