44. Altar

The soft glow of the bathroom's mirror light emitted a halo around Jungkook's body. Taking a look at his own reflection, Jungkook felt giddy inside.

It was the big day of his life. His marriage day.

He placed his hand on his stomach because he was feeling giddy inside and it was tickling him. That shy smile on his face never disappeared.

"I'm getting married today... I'm getting married... Oh my God, I can't... uff Jungkook control this feeling and that blush!" He whined and scolded himself. His hands covered his cheeks. They were warm against his cold palms because of how hard he was blushing.

"Today, I'm going to tie myself with Taehyung forever until death do us apart. I will give my everything to Taehyung today. My love, my soul, my body." he blushed at his last thought.

He had never done anything sexual other than kissing Taehyung, because Taehyung always wanted to have him as his husband.

Husband...

A knock on his bathroom door disturbed his thoughts. "Kook, your outfit has arrived. I'm placing it on your bed. Come out quickly!" Hoseok's voice passed through the wooden door.

"Coming! Just two minutes," Jungkook shouted back. Slapping his forehead, he quickly dried his body and wore the bathrobe placed beside the counter.

'Let's get ready!' he cheered himself.

His outfit was simple yet elegant. It was a blouse made of light see-through white with puffed sleeves. It had small white polka dots all over it, giving Jungkook a dreamy look.

The blouse had a low neckline that showed a bit of his collarbones. It buttoned down the front with small pearl buttons. Under the flowy, white blouse, he wore plain white pants that looked crisp and clean.

A thin pearl necklace and sparky earrings accessorized the soft, romantic outfit.

He let his fingers trace the surface of his necklace. An unknown emotion grew inside his chest. He felt a strange connection with his wedding dress.

'This dress is going to hold an unforgettable memory, a proof of a promise which will means forever. Now I understand why people keep their wedding dresses secure. It's too precious,' he thought.

"Wow wow wow... no tears today," he scolded himself and looked up to hold the tears inside his eyes. No time to get emotional.

Maybe the sentiments the wedding dress holds made his thoughts drift to Taehyung. Was Taehyung also feeling the same?

He sat at the dressing table, his makeup products were scattered across the table. Even though there was a lot of makeup, he decided to go with simple, elegant one.

He wanted to feel natural and light. And his skin was sensitive, so heavy makeup would make him feel itchy.

He used a very little amount of foundation with cheery red lip gloss. he added some sparkling eye shadow on the outside of his yes and highlighted his doe eyes with black liner.

Perfect. Simple. Elegant.

A knock on the door echoed and a black hair peeked inside. "Are you ready?" Hoseok asked, his eyes were closed.

Jungkook chuckled and told them to enter. The door swung wide open and Hoseok entered, followed by Yoongi.

Both had their eyes closed.

"Why are your eyes closed?" He asked, confused.

Hoseok smiled warmly, "We want to see our maknae when he is all ready. Don't want to spoil the first look of our groom before he's ready. We will open our eyes now".