45. Shattered Dream

"Where is the groom?"

"Oh... did the groom run away?"

"Poor groom, I knew gay marriage was not a good idea" kind of murmurs filled the air.

Jungkook's heart was breaking into pieces with each murmur. But he was holding on to that thin thread of hope.

Hope that his Taehyung wouldn't leave him.

Inhaling a shaky breath, he gathered up his courage.

"Everyone please sit down. Taehyung will come, he is just teasing us," he could feel his voice breaking at the end. But the thread of trust he had on Taehyung was holding him together.

Yoongi signaled Hoseok through his eyes to go and look for Taehyung. Hoseok nodded and backed away from his position, trying to get away as silently as possible.

Jungkook saw him but didn't say anything. Hoseok will bring his Taehyung here.

Hobi ran as fast as he could to reach the guest room. Jungkook didn't want to think negatively. He was hopping that it was all a prank of Taehyung's.

Taehyung loves to do pranks anyway.

His eyes traveled to Yuna, who was standing there looking equally worried. That means, she didn't know either. Definitely a prank of Taehyung's.

If she and Hwan were here, that means Taehyung was here too. Yeah, a positive point. But no matter how much positive he tried to think, the thudding of his heart against his ribs and the nerves clenching inside his body couldn't be ignored.

"Call the other Groom, please. The holy time for this marriage is passing," the priest announced. Once again, murmurs filled the air.

Jungkook could practically hear people mocking and laughing at him. He was trying his hardest not to let that affect him. They didn't know Taehyung. He did.

He was squeezing his left-hand thumb with his right-hand so hard that the blood practically stopped flowing there. But the pain was nothing compared to what his insides were feeling.

Just last night -- hell, until one hour ago, before his entry, Taehyung was spamming his phone with his whines and complaints. Just one hour ago, he was sulking about how he was not allowed to see him in person before aisle.

How could everything go wrong?

Hobi came back silently. Yoongi's eager question-filled eyes asked him the question he was dying to get an answer. Questions, he was afraid to put into words. Questions his heart refused to voice out.

Now Hobi would assure them and everything would be alright, right? Jungkook was holding onto that tiny hope with his life. With his everything.

But his everything shattered when Hobi looked down and shook his head slowly in denial.

Jungkook heard something breaking inside him. His heart. His heart shattered into a million pieces. He felt like someone had crushed its broken pieces below their shoes. Someone had very brutally stabbed his heart.

His vision became foggy and his mind became heavy. Every sound around him turned into buzz noise.

All he could remember was that Hobi's head moving slowly in denial.

A no.

No Taehyung.

There was no Taehyung.

Jungkook's heart refused to accept it. He refused to move an inch from the position he was standing. Even his mind refused to command his legs. They felt lifeless. He couldn't move them on his own.