8. Truth & Console

Taehyung just wanted to run into the embrace of his mom. He wanted to hide there. He wanted to sleep on her lap. He wanted her to say everything would be alright.

Whatever had happened in the old age home was something he couldn't let out of his mind. He had never been one of those people who showed off their dancing skills. But he did today. Only for Jungkook.

It had just been too much for him, so that's why he had run away from there.

But when he had reached home, he just wanted to run to his mom, but the thing he got to hear was not pleasant.

He could hear the loud voice of his parents. They were arguing loudly. But about what? He didn't know. Taehyung moved inside without making any noise.

Not wanting to disturb his parents. But he halted in his tracks when he heard Yuna mentioning his name.

"Taehyung is just a kid. Stop forcing him Hwan. You know very well how much he likes strawberry pancakes. I made them, especially for him".

"That was just a pancake, Yuna. And it had been two days. Why do you keep bringing up that topic? Stop making it a big issue, and Taehyung is not a kid." Hwan defended himself.

"I know why you do this. I know why you show so much discrimination between Tae and Gyu" Yuna said with a hurt look.

"What do you want to say? Say it clearly?" Hwan raised his eyebrows at Yuna.

The room was filled with silence. Taehyung hated it. He hated that, he was the reason why his parents had fighting in the first place. He was the reason for their were argument. That stupid pancake was the cause.

On the other hand, Hwan was unable to understand what Yuna was implying. It was just a pancake, what was the big deal? Taehyung was a big brother just like him.

He knew Taehyung needed to make many sacrifices as a big brother, just as he did. He wanted to mentally prepare Taehyung. He loves Taehyung with all his whole heart. How could he not? Taehyung had given him the world's greatest and biggest happiness by calling him 'Daa' for the first time.

Why wouldn't he love his son, when Taehyung was the one, who held his one finger first time with the trust that -- his father won't let him fall?

Why wouldn't he love his son, when Taehyung was the reasons he kept going? Taehyung was the reason he strived to stay strong, so he can be there whenever his son needed him.

Yes, he was stays strict toward Taehyung but it was because he wanted Taehyung to be ready for this harsh world. He knew his son was a precious little being. A soft-hearted human, who believed everyone was just like him.

Pure and selfless.

Don't get Hwan wrong. He was a father after all. He aimed to prepare his son for all hardship. He had promised himself, when he first held little tae in his arms.

On that day, he had promised himself that, 'He will protect his baby and he will teach Taehyung everything so no harm would come to his baby'.

He was just fulfilling his promises to himself. Hwan stays strict because he knew Yuna was there to shower Taehyung with love. He knew, if he will scold Taehyung then Yuna will kiss him and cuddle Taehyung to sleep.

He was the one, who secretly entered Taehyung's room at night to only ensure if he was comfortably sleeping or not. Sometimes he acted too strict but he has his reasons. According to him 'If we gave everything to a child what they asked for, then in future they wouldn't learn to accept a no'.

And that day, he knew that Taehyung loves strawberry pancake but he gave it to Gyu because a day before that -- he had seen Taehyung whimpering in sleep while holding his stomach.