32. Welcome to Family

In the silent embrace of the hospital corridor, a profound stillness was regained.

The air felt heavy with quietude, allowing only the faintest of sounds to grace the senses. The distant hum of bright lights, illuminated the polished floor with a subdued glimmer.

It was silent. The hurried footsteps of doctors and nurses, resonated through the corridor, creating a delicate symphony of dedication and purpose. Every sound of their steps seemed to echo, carrying with it the weight of responsibility.

Jungkook was resting on a chair in the dimly lit hospital corridor. His body leaned back, his head tilted back against the cold wall. His face had a frown, revealing how tired he was. His back ached in pain and his feet were hurting. 

He was tired but didn't left.

He didn't even move for a minute from outside of ICU. What if Taehyung came out and needed him and he was not there for him? The mere thought of Taehyung being vulnerable and him not being there terrified him.

Taehyung came out with Yuna beside him. Seeing the sight of the tired and worn-out Jungkook clenched his heart. His Petal was tired yet didn't left his side.

Taehyung pointed at Jungkook's sleeping figure and his chest filled with pride and love when he said, "There he is. My Jungkook"

Yuna halted in her steps and followed the direction of Taehyung's finger. Her curious brown eyes landed on Jungkook's figure.

Yuna's eyes softened as they settled on Jungkook's tired figure. She could see the exhaustion visible on his face.

"Only in bad times, we find our real loved ones, was a saying I heard but today I saw the truth it holds" Yuna exclaimed.

Taehyung turned toward her with a questioning look. She chuckled at her son's lost face and said, "It's during difficult moments that we truly see who stands by our side, offering genuine care and support"

"These are the rare gems Taehyung, the ones who are like rays of light in the darkness, the ones who make us feel cherished and loved. On the other hand, there might be some who pretend to care, wearing a face mask of concern while secretly having different intentions. It's heartbreaking to discover that someone we trusted could betray us when we needed them the most" She continued. Her every word holds a deep meaning behind them. 

"But between the sea of uncertainty and mixed emotions, we still cherish those few who genuinely care, those who embrace us with unconditional love, warmth and empathy. These cherished souls are our lifelines, our pillars of strength, making the journey through life's hardships a little more bearable" She said further. And Taehyung was lucky enough to find that one. He was lucky enough that his love was one of them. Jungkook was one of them.

"Do you know, why I told you all of that, baby?" She asked. Taehyung nodded in response.

"I'm lucky enough to have that person in the form of Jungkook and it's my responsibility to never let him go and cherish him throughout my life" He answered, his eyes were shining with love and admiration for Jungkook.

On the other hand, Jungkook sent Jimin and his Grandma home, also sent Beomgyu with them. Of course, Jimin protested and opposed the idea of going home, leaving Taehyung. But he somehow convinced him. And assured him that, he is there and wouldn't leave Taehyung's side for a second. While waiting for Taehyung, he falls asleep on the chair.

Taehyung and Yuna made their way toward Jungkook. At that moment, Yuna felt a deep sense of respect for Jungkook. Taehyung had told them everything about Jungkook. She knew why Jungkook was so tired at this moment.