22. Comfort

It was silent.

No one said a word after Jungkook completed telling his past. He was still in Taehyung's hold, sniffing. He cried for an hour and after that Taehyung calm him down.

It was important for him to let out and Taehyung let him. Those sweet and assuring words from Taehyung helped him to calm down.

Taehyung was still rubbing his back and caressing his head. He was still hiding Jungkook in his arms like he is protecting him from this cruel world. Jungkook had his face buried in Taehyung's neck.

Jungkook was feeling safe, he was feeling at home after seven years. The way Taehyung pulled him even more closer and tighten his hold around him, that made Jungkook almost cry again.

Jungkook won't admit it but he was waiting for someone to hold him, to tell him everything will be okay. He was waiting for someone to lean on.

They were enjoying that comfortable silence. Letting themselves register what happened but they both knew, there are still some unsaid words left.

Taehyung wanted to ask many things. What happened after that tragic incident? How he was always able to manage everything? How he grew up and where?

Many questions but he has no courage to ask. He don't want to disturb this peaceful moment for Jungkook, who was straddling him.

"I was a carefree and cheerful kid. Who used to prank others and enjoy every moment with his parents" Jungkook started and chuckle remembering some moments. But after that, he took a deep shaky breath.

Jungkook knew what was going in Taehyung's mind. It's obvious to have these kind of thoughts. And Jungkook is very grateful that, Taehyung didn't ask anything just to make him feel comfortable.

He wants to let out everything in Taehyung's embrace. No, he was not crying again cause the warmth and affinity he was feeling in Taehyung's arms were not letting him.

"That one day turned my l-life upside down T-tae. I was devasted, I couldn't even register what was h-happening around me. It took me months to r-register the fact that, I was an o-orphan. That realization was p-painful tae. I was lost and I didn't know w-what to do anymore" He tightened his hold around Taehyung more. Taehyung was constantly drawing circles on his back to comfort him. Which he is very grateful for.

"I.... I grew away from my friends. I created a u-unknown distance. I had many friends but I pushed them away. But Hobi and Yoongi didn't leave my side" He chuckled remembering his best friend's tactics to stay close to him.

"They didn't leave me, even when I gave them cold shoulder. I can't thank them enough for this Tae. They were there for me, they didn't let me stumble and even if I did, they helped me to stand up"

Taehyung 'Hmm' and a smile made its way onto his face. He is thankful too. Having friends like them is a blessing and he can guess why Yoongi is soo protective over Jungkook.

"I remember, my m-maa used to tell me about a locker and she used to tell me, how it's gonna help me. When I.... I was able to handle things a little well, I went to check it and there was money, documents and a letter"

Taehyung looked at him with confusion. Jungkook can sense his confused stare at him. Jungkook buried his face more into Taehyung's neck with a sad smile on his face.

"T-they knew" A broken voice left his mouth.

"What?" He let out a whisper. Taehyung was confused. What does jungkook mean by his they knew?

"T-they knew Tae. They knew they were going to die" He pull out his from Taehyung's neck and showed Taehyung the most heartbreaking site. Which gave another pang in Taehyung's heart.