41. The Big Day

“Old Age home?”

Jungkook turned to face Taehyung with confusion plastered on his face. Why are they at old-age home at this hour?

Visiting time for outsiders was till 6 pm and it was already pastime that. 

“Well, Mrs. Lee called. She wanted to meet you, so I thought, why not? You will get blessings from Grandpa’s and Grandma’s, too. Double benefit, isn’t it?” Taehyung casually shrugged his shoulder, trying to play cool, received a nod from Jungkook in understanding.

As they approached the entrance gate, Taehyung couldn’t help but feel a flutter of nerves in his stomach. He took some deep breaths to control his pounding heart. He took the lead and walked fast to hide his nervous face from Jungkook. 

Jungkook looked at him with confused eyes. But said nothing and observe more. Because if Taehyung think that, Jungkook believed in  his amazing reason for visiting here, then let our Taetae live in dreams. 

No matter how hard he tried, Taehyung couldn't escape the feeling that Jungkook saw past through his act. Maybe he got the idea that everyone wanted to celebrate his birthday.

But...

Taehyung was behaving weird.

And how did he even know Mrs Lee? This question rang in Jungkook's mind.

Because he remember visiting the old-age home with Taehyung before and he told him it was his first time and Taehyung didn’t go inside with him, saying that he don't want to go inside empty handed.

Blame his writer mind, who observe his surroundings more than necessary. 

When they entered the cozy lobby, Jungkook’s eyes widened in surprise at the sight before him. Colorful balloons, streamers, a huge banner of him, and twinkling fairy lights decorated the entire hall, casting a warm, cozy, and inviting glow over the area. 

Soft violin music filled the air, which was played by Mr. Song, creating an atmosphere of joy and celebration.

Everyone gathered in a half circle, holding the small boards that contained a single letter on each. It was creating a beautiful HAPPY BIRTHAY JUNGKOOK.

Everyone had a big smile on their faces. It was special for them. Jungkook was special to them. 

Jungkook stood there, utterly dumbfounded and unable to form words. It was not what he was expecting. He looked at every corner, which was adorned with some kind of decoration. He saw Hwan, Yuna, Yoongi, Hobi and Jimin present there too. 

With his glistening eyes, he turned to face Taehyung. “W-What’s all this, Tae? It’s... It’s too much. I.. I” he couldn't form words properly. It was overwhelming for him.

They were celebrating his birthday on such a high scale? And when did Taehyung even planned all this? 

He never thought his first birthday after years will be celebrated in such a big way.

“It’s because you deserve it. As cheesy as it will sound, you deserve every happiness of this world. Happy birthday, My Petal.” Jungkook's heartbeat increased hearing that.

Taehyung chuckled and playfully pushed Jungkook towards the others who were eagerly waiting to wish him. 

Jungkook ran towards them when he felt that push. Without hesitation, he rushed into the loving arms of Hwan and Yuna. Their parental warmth was his ultimate desire. He sighed in their embrace. Feeling content.

When he backed away, Yuna cupped his face and kissed his forehead with a small whisper of birthday wish. Hwan did the same by patting his head with affection.