#016

"Sometimes I look at that psyducks face, and I get a headache."

- Misty Williams

I tiredly got in my room

I tiredly got in my room. I plopped down in my bed, exhaustion entering my body. It's at this point I realised just how much these past few days have really exhausted me.

I silently got out my phone. What a coincidence, all the family members are online.

Pikachu lazily got off my shoulder.

"Pika pika..."

I pressed the call button to ring both mum and dad. To my surprise, both of them answered. I saw my mother in bed, probably just came back from her workplace, while father was still in his workplace, however, seemingly on break.

"Yo! (Y/N)!" Father adjusted his camera, showing his full face instead of his eye. I waved, as Pikachu jumped infront of me.

"Pika pika!"

"Pikachu! How have you been?" Mother asked, as Pikachu scratched the back of it's head, smiling.

"Pikachu!"

"So, what's up?" Father asked. I took a deep breath, as I told them everything. The small fight against the pro heroes, the court room meeting, the 'bet' and the recommendation to UA. I need some guidance on what I should do with these opportunities.

"All that in the span of a few days?! Jeez (Y/N), you need to be careful!" Mother scolded me. I sweatdropped.

"But what do you think of this? Should I take it?" I asked.

"Honestly, I'd say you should go for it." Father responded. "If they are going to help redeem the Pokemon, then it should open up a lot of opportunities for you."

"Yeah, but..." I stared at Pikachu, who lost interest and decided to help all the other Pokemon fix what remains of the burnt forest. They've done a good job honestly.

"If I'm going to be honest, I'm not sure about being a hero..." I said.

Like, I'm grateful for what they've done, helping people from whatever crises they are in, but I don't feel like going out to battle villains and whatnot. Not to mention...

"Sweetie, are you scared for the Pokemon?" Mother voiced my exact thoughts. I nodded.

I know that Pokemon are strong, and that they can defend themselves. But I can't shake the feeling of despair when they are fighting humans.