#041

"...Right. All boys leave home some day."

- Mom

If he hadn't gotten off the ground in half a second, he would have died

If he hadn't gotten off the ground in half a second, he would have died. The scorching heat that the blue flames immitted were telling enough that he would have died in seconds from it.

The question was, just who was this guy. Amongst Team Rocket's admittedly small database that he has received, he had not once seen such an ugly guy with scars all over his face.

Inky's heart beats in his chest, as he took measures to quickly maneuver around the man. Taking on step, he mislead the man on thinking which direction he was exactly going, whilst silent steps passed the man. The man's brilliant blue eyes only stared for a bit, before diverting behind him.

Inky's purple eyes clashed with the man's blue ones.

"You're not a hero, are you?" The strange man hummed, as he turned his body around. Inky quickly got a good look at the man.

Already, the man has so many burns on his body that it is almost repulsing just how much he has. His body was literally being held together by staples, and his black hair was spiky yet relaxed. The man only stared at Ink with a bored look in his eyes.

"No... I'm not." Inky muttered, clutching his scarf and adjusting it. The heat that lingered from the blue flames made him feel highly uncomfortable, and he personally has never worked well in heat.

Inky's hand carefully reached towards a pokeball, as the man's eyes watched, his bored eyes suddenly becoming one of curiosity.

"Ah, so you're like these people. Team Rocket? But your ball is different... It's fully white with red outlines compared to the black R." He hummed, as Inky sneered, sweat dripping down his forehead as the man reached his hand out once more, blue flames coating his arm once more.

"Unfortunate, you could have been interesting..."

"Ceruledge, appear." A dark shadow came out of the ball, just as the man unleashed his flames. The ghostly Pokemon emerged from the shadows, absorbing the flames that were shot at him. The man's eyes widened in curiosity taking a careful step back as his flames were on standby, just on his hands as he anticipated for any move.

"Ah, so you're another one of them." The man just muttered. Inky's eyes only narrowed.

"Who the heck even are you? You are in my way." Inky, finally regaining a sense of pride, asked, his eyes continuing to stare down their assailant. The man just smirked, bringing out his other hand from his pocket.