#025

"Born to be a winner. (Johto) Born to be a champion."

- Potkemon [Johto OP 2]

The two teams were at a standstill

The two teams were at a standstill. One team focused on defending and running away with thier points no matter what, while the other team was eager to gain their hands on the top prize.

"Man, this is boring! Show us something cool!" Meowth complained.

"I thought we would not have a confrontation until later in this contest. He seems to think highly of you, Midoriya." Tokoyami analysed.

"Only half the time is left! Don't stop moving." Midoriya ordered., as the team retreated. (L/N) kept a good eye on Kaminari. Pikachu was glaring right into Todoroki.

"I wonder..." She thought to herself.

"Iida, forward!" Todoroki ordered, as Iida started to run once again. He stared into the 1 million prize headband. He will prove to Midoriya that he is a strong rival.

"Yaoyorozu, prepare to guard us and conduct electricity." Momo nodded, a pole of metal coming out of her arm. "Right!"

She kept a rigid eye on (L/N) and her 'Pikachu'. Who knows what she's up to. She's never seen the power of the creatures up close, and she was afriad of what the creatures could do.

"Kaminari, you-"

"I know what I have to do!" Kaminari said, sparking conducting from him, as he said his special move.

"Indiscriminate Shock... 1.3 Million Volts!" He cried, as electricity sparked everywhere, shocking many teams and many people. Todoroki assumed that even Midoriya's team would have been fried or damaged, however, the more he looked, the more he noticed something off.

"What's this?!" He said, as the rest of his team started to notice the unaffected team. They soon trailed their eyes to the Pikachu ontop of Midoriya, who gave them a smug grin as he absorbed all the electricity that came their teams way.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu cried.

"Oh! This just keeps getting more and more interesting! The electric discharge did nothing to Midoriya's team! What power lies behind this creature?!" Present Mic shouted.

"That is called an ability my friend! An ability is a special something that allows a Pokemon to gain a boost in it's life." Meowth - kinda poorly - explained. "Pikachu's ability is Lightning Rod, which renders electric attacks null!"

"Damn it. I keep underrestimating the damn creature." Todoroki muttered, fustrated by the tricks the Pikachu and his trainer keep having, preventing them from doing anything.