Meeting Your Heroes Pt. 2

24 Years Ago......

Quest Labs, home of the scientists who were at the forefront of discovery. With the likes of Dr. Brenton Quest and Joseph L/N, Quest Labs was leading the charge toward the future.

But this story started with a man and his dog. A guard, to be exact. The man, Radley Crown, carried on with his nightshift duty when he turned the corner, almost bumping into someone.

Joseph: Whoa! Sorry there, Radley. I didn't see you there.

Radley smiled at the sight of his good friend. Even after all these years, he was still the same nerdy guy he knew. He did have a bit more muscle on him thanks to Radley making him work out, but he was still the same guy.

Radley: Hey, Joe. Late night?

Joseph: Just wrapping up some work. You know Lydia would kill me if I stayed too late.

Radley: Leaving her home alone with a new baby while you get all the glory here? Yeah, I can see why she would be mad. How is she doing, by the way?

Joseph: Oh, she is absolutely in love with our baby girl. Heck, she looks just like her momma.

Radley: Elizabeth, right?

Joseph nodded. He then looked at the Guard's dog and began to pet him.

Joseph: How are you doing, Reggie?

Reggie barked which made the man chuckle. He turned his attention back to his friend, before the entire building suddenly shook. Radley caught Joseph and looked around as alarms began to go off.

Joseph: What was that?!

Radley: I'm not sure. Go your lab and stay there. I'll come and get you once I make sure it's safe.

Joseph nodded and hurried off to his lab. Radley pulled out his gun and hurried towards down the hall to find the source of the commotion with Reggie right behind him. The two entered the Quest private lab where they found a large glass container with a black energy source.

The two stepped down into the main area where they began to search for any intruders. Reggie stopped in front of the glass container and began to growl. Radley, however, stumbled across a file. He stopped and looked closer. He read the title.

Radley: "Project King"?

???: Oh my, aren't you handsome?

Radley and Reggie both turned around to find a figure standing there. Radley aimed his gun at the intruder as they chuckled.

Radley: Who are you?!

???: Me? Well, I'm simply someone who came here looking for his dear little brother. Imagine my surpise when I found him trapped in a glass cell. Talk about a fashion disaster!

Radley: Identify yourself! Now!

???: So aggressive.

The figure stepped into the light, making Radley's eyes grow wide while Reggie growled.

???: You can just call me HIM, handsome.