Future Quest Pt. 4

You sat on the couch and tapped your foot nervously. The girls were getting caught up to speed while you watched. Courage awkwardly stood next to you. He looked at you then at the girls. He soon found himself thinking back on when you first met. When you were still just a kid with bandages all over.

You've come a long way since then. Well, in some aspects. He knew that all you ever wanted was to fit in. He knew how hard it was for you to make friends, yet here you were. Though, your emotions still needed some work. Or at least how you showed them.

But, it seemed like you weren't the only one.

Courage had taken to reading on some of the files that Inter-Nation had on its agents and scientists. He found one that he found shockingly close to your own history.

It was Linda Kim-Conroy's file which helped him figure out what that brain in the container was. Turns out, it's history was interwoven with your own. She and her husband were a part of the same team as your parents and the Quest family. The same blast that killed Ellen Quest killed Ted Kim-Conroy, leaving Linda's son, Buzz, as her last surviving family.

She abandoned her work to be there for her son, but that was when he asked her to make him a friend.

That was where Frankenstein Jr came from. Some boys got dogs, others got giant robots.

Courage looked at you again and you finally noticed. You smiled and picked him up, setting him down on your lap.

Y/N: It's all good, bud. We got this.

Courage smiled. He knew you did.

Power Up!

You stood at the hologram across from the girls and your sister. Liz watched you as you examined the spikes all over the globe. There were too many to deal with at once. Luckily, you weren't the only hero around.

Back in Townsville, the Rowdyruffs were joined by Brat and Mitch to look into a large Vortex that had opened at the city's football stadium. The Rowdys and Brat wore their usual clothes while Mitch wore a special suit to avoid the vortex's energy and any unwanted side effects.

The police worked on keeping the public and reporters out while Brat read over the instructions that Liz had sent her.

Brat: It says here that the energy to the Vortex opens to somewhere else across time and space. And what comes through might try to....

Brick raised a brow.

Brat: Uh, consume our energy?

Mitch: I don't know why I expected less. Y/N so owes me after this.

Butch: Whatever. If something comes through then we'll just pumble it!

He punched his fist while Boomer took a closer look at the Vortex. It smelt like vanilla, oddly enough. Though, he did notice that it started to change colors from yellow to green. He stumbled back and pointed to it.

Boomer: Uh, guys?

Everyone looked and immediately got ready for a fight. However, that fight wouldn't come. Instead something shot out and landed a whole yard away from them. The portal closed, leaving the figure laying there as the energy smoked off of their body.

Butch: Uh....did we win?

Brick: That's not a monster.