1_4

„God this sucks ass so much... they're so fucking noisy again.", Jeno mumbles to himself while walking through an empty corridor in his school.

Since Junhee is joining them for today and feeling a little weird, he's been talking with either him or Minhee constantly. And Taehyun also sometimes joins in, his seat neighbor who usually is quiet. That together with Yugyeom and Bambam behind him talking as always since they never pay attention, it's just too much talking around him, from basically every corner. He can neither have his peace nor even try to attempt and listen to the teachers monologue yet at least more calming talk about the subject he's trying to teach.

So Jeno decided to flee all the annoyance around him and went out to go to the bathroom, taking his time as he does so. The empty corridors are giving him some comfort, give him the chance to calm down as he's been in a bad mood since he woke up, having heard his father yell and slam things again this morning, along with having been hit on the back of the head, which is still throbbing and giving him a headache.

Somehow a bit disappointed of already having reached the boys bathroom, Jeno opens the door and enters with a sigh.

But when he looks in front of him his mood changes quickly, he forgets the headache and everything that has bothered him just now in one second as he recognizes the person at the sink.

Jaemin.

The other seems to be washing his face a bit with water, also spits out some of it, having rinsed his mouth it seems. But now with all the water in his face and eyes, he seems to struggle a bit with finding the paper towels to dry off his face.

Without really thinking about it Jeno goes forward and picks up a few, hands them to Jaemin who dries off his eyes first.

„Ah, thank-"

The voice sounds different to how Jeno remembers it, it sounds somehow weaker, a bit trembling even and insecure. Taking a quick overlook over Jaemin's body, the other does seem a bit exhausted right now, like something happened.

When Jaemin turns to look at who handed him the towels, his voice shortly gets quieter and his eyes widen, finishing the sentence, „-you..."

Then he suddenly jumps a bit.

„Wait, you're the guy from a while ago!", he says, now sounding louder and more powerful again, as if he woke up or had been pulled back out of something.

Jeno asks back while raising an eyebrow, „A while ago?"

„Wasn't it you? Who had saved me from that weird man?"

„You're right there. Do you remember my name?"

„Give me a minute...", Jaemin answers, seeming to start thinking intensely, something that makes Jeno want to laugh since it looks kind of cute. But he doesn't, at least not physically.

„Well, putting that matter aside, what were you doing here, Jaemin?"

Upon asking, Jaemin's mood seems to drop a bit again, making Jeno cautious. Something is going on and it seems to make him feel very insecure.

„I won't judge, you know.", Jeno adds, leaning back a bit onto the wall.

First fidgeting a bit, then with one hand on his other arm Jaemin answers, visibly very uncomfortable, „It's not a big deal, I was just feeling nauseous and threw up. That's all."

„If you're sick you should better go home then. Want me to accompany you?"

„No, it's fine... I can stay here at school. I'll manage."

Words which are empty, something Jeno can tell pretty much right away. He won't say it nor pressured the other to tell him or do anything, but it's bugging him. He hates seeing Jaemin like he is now, seeming down and even afraid. One of the reasons he doesn't want to involve him with his gang, Jaemin would surely be afraid around some of them.

Sighing as he knows he can't do much, Jeno gives in and makes a different suggestion.

„Alright, I won't force you. Give me your phone."

„Huh? Why?"

„Just give it to me if you have it on you, you'll get it back."

„I don't have it with me though... sorry."

„Do you know your number?"

„From memory? I don't think so either..."

„Then let's do it like this."

As he says that, Jeno takes out his phone and a pen, which has been on the side of his jacket for ages for no real reason. It's probably not even his, one of the others put it in there once as a prank probably and he's been too lazy to remove it. Who would have thought it would be of use one day.

He takes a paper towel as well and starts writing down his number there, once he's done handing it over to Jaemin.

„My number. If you're being harassed or followed again by anyone, just tell me."

Surprised Jaemin looks at the number, then back at Jeno.

„Is this really alright for you? I don't want to bother you or something..."

„If this wouldn't be alright I wouldn't have given you my number. Just try not to lose that paper until you save it."

„Thank you so much then.", Jaemin answers, giving Jeno a familiar smile then, the one he got after he had saved him last time. It's the smile which seems to give off genuine gratitude and softness.

Something that attracts Jeno almost magical, it's different from what he's used to. And he doesn't mind it at all for once.