_57

Yugyeom, „Jeno?! Thank god you at least accepted the call! Where are you?! Where do I have to pick you up?! Don't pass out on me! Please buddy, answer!"

There's a few second of silence, before Yugyeom can hear a sigh on the phone from the other side. Then the deep voice follows.

Jeno, „Shut the fuck up, calm down. I won't pass out from this shit, I'm fine. Nothings broken, at least from what I can tell until now. I'm going home and take care of this, I'll take a few days to regenerate and then come back as usual."

Hanse, „Tell us where exactly that is. We're coming over. I will not tolerate you to be alone in this state."

Jeno, „Hah, you're the last one to see me in this state or take care of me right now. I'm fine. I know I made you all worry and I'm sorry for damaging the reputation like this. I fear that there will be more trouble than usual up ahead for you guys. And me for sure."

Yugyeom, „That's why we will stay with you! We won't let you become more of a punching bag anymore! This already was too much! Why did you... *sniff* ..why did you not let me help! Why did you endure this!..."

Bambam, „Come here Yugs, I can see you need to cry. Good thing we're in the hideout."

San, „Jeno, he's right though. Why did you not fight back. You could have easily handled him or held him back."

Jeno, „But I'm bad at regulating my strength. His goal was to show Jaemin how brutal I can be. And I know that I can be. But I usually only am with a reason, like you all know. But they don't. So I wanted to make it clear to him. If I had tried to hold him, there was a chance I might have hurt him. So instead I endured it and called the deal done."

Hanse, „I really don't know if this really hurt our reputation that much because you still walked out as a winner, despite everything. This was a two sided blade. But that's not important now."

Kun, „I'll ask again, where are you. You need to be taken care of, you need to get tended to."

Jeno, „*giggles slightly and low* Stop asking you idiots. As if I'd let you, the ones who see me as their savior, see me in this state again. I'm trying to avoid you wanting to avenge me like the last times. Now be good and stay low. If there's anything else going on, deal with it as usual. I won't be there to guide you for a while, so don't cause too much trouble. And especially, don't hurt anyone of Jaemin's friends. I don't need more conflicts there."

With those words, Jeno takes the phone away from his ear and presses the red button, ends the call. Putting his arm back down, which has been feeling heavy for a while already, he slightly lifts up his head.

He had lied to them, so they would worry less. He's not in any home, and until he reaches his it would take a while longer. He doesn't know if he can make it there without a short nap before just yet. Playing tough and deceiving everyone was energy consuming and enough, the punches from Hyunjin also packed quite the force. There was real rage and anger behind those, he really seemed to have a personal matter with Jeno.

But he still doesn't know what that is or was, he has no idea. But something must have happened at some time, that's what he's sure about now.

„J-Jeno?"