_61

„Did I miss a wound? Do you think I got everything? Any other place that hurts?", Jaemin asks, looking at Jeno with a worried look, who by now has changed clothes into some shorts and a shirt.

Almost his whole body is wrapped up into white bandages or some patches are on somewhere, sometimes some band aids. The wounds have been cleaned, salve has been put on the bruises and the open wounds disinfected.

„I think you got everything, you went through every inch of my body after all. It'll be fine Jaemin, you've done enough for me today."

„Sigh, I sure hope so. You look more like a mummy right now than human. I kind of feel like I'm wasting the bandages but then again I don't, you need it right now. Especially for sleeping."

„I can always get more, I had a lot in store for a good reason."

„What, did you prepare for this?"

„No. They're more like a habit, from back when I collected the guys for the gang now. I picked up some interesting guys there. But I didn't misjudge them. They're good guys, even if it's in their ways. They're not the worst scum out there and I think I've managed to keep them away from worse than they had been at."

Jaemin looks at Jeno, quietly but also fascinated a bit, as Jeno has a slight smile on his lips for once. Jeno is able to smile. He feels happy about something, openly.

His past is something that's becoming more and more interesting to Jaemin.

„So, what would be an example? Since I know nothing about you guys."

„Hm. I mean, most of our reputation is also a bit from rumors of the darker times of most. Take Kun for example. When I found him he had been involved with gangsters, smoking and stealing a lot. He has been able to quit now, though that was his own decision, probably since I once mentioned I don't like the smell. I quite literally dragged him out of that place back then."

„But, how did that work? And how is he now?"

„To be honest, he was just as confused at the start. Their gang tried to rob me and my team back then, but that went wrong. I had heard about them and knew they had been reported to the police, it was a matter of time before they were gonna get caught. I was about to leave Kun there, but he had a certain look in his eyes. As if he fled for help, to be saved. He didn't know it back then, but realized it over time. The more he hung around after I dragged him there, the more he started to change and turned more friendly towards us. I don't know when exactly he realized, but I do know that one day he suddenly thanked me for having done what I did and that he would forever be in my debt. He's a good friend to all of us and takes care of everyone well."

„Wow. That's such a huge change."

„For us it's almost normal. Most of the guys I picked up where down deep and their reputation followed the group we created. In the end we went with the way to stay a gang, to protect ourselves. That's why we say if one of us has a problem, it's everyone's business. That's how we watch out for each other."

„And that's why they were there today."

„Yeah. And also why they know about you now. They wouldn't keep still and would have fought Hyunjin if I didn't. I didn't want to introduce you because we're somehow the opposite to how you and your friends are. And I didn't want to scare you off. That and some can use some pretty bad words, like Hanse. He can say mean shit but often has a different intention, it can be misleading. I also have been misled by that, but I accept him regardless. In the end, he's still my buddy, I picked him up, he's my responsibility."

„You really are an amazing leader. Really. And a good person, just like I thought."

As Jaemin says those words, he smiles at Jeno warmly and a little relieved. He was right about Jeno, he wasn't deceived. The first impression of Jeno really misguides everyone.

Jeno, „Thanks for that compliment I guess. But in the end, you still have to admit that I picked up some really bad guys so I wouldn't say that I'm the most soft person either."

Jaemin, „But you made the best out of it. That's all that matters."

Jeno, „I guess so. Well then, it's pretty late. Don't you have to go home?"

Jaemin, „I already told my parents I'd stay with you today. I hope you won't throw me out."

Jeno, „You think I would?"

Jaemin, „No."

Jeno, „Then you're right on the money. Where should you sleep though?"

Jaemin, „Can I... sleep with you? I... just want to make sure. That you're there and not out of my reach. That I can make sure you're untouchable this time, that I can keep you from harm."

Hearing those words, Jeno gets pretty much what Jaemin had wanted to do before. And that it would have made sense. If Jaemin had gotten the chance to cling onto Jeno, Hyunjin wouldn't have been able to attack.

Jeno, „Fine with me. As long as you're not on top of me because I don't think the salve of my wounds will like that a lot."