2_8

„Jaemin, my friend! My dear sweet soul! How are you? Are you alright?"

Words with which Jaemin gets overrun by his friends on the next day, in this case especially Hyunjin who usually doesn't have any business being here at school, yet seems to have come over to check on him. In the afternoon the day before, Jaemin started calling his friends once he was home and calmed his parents down.

But no matter where, everyone was worried somehow. His friends seem to have talked to his parents and told them the rumors about Jeno, so it took Jaemin a while to calm them. And having his body examined by them, as they believed Jeno might have hit him which Jaemin couldn't quite understand. To him that doesn't seem likely to ever happen.

And now that he's in school again, even after the calls nobody seems to believe that he's fine still.

„Are you still worried about me not being fine Hyunjin? I already told you over and over, nothing bad happened."

„But something did happen."

„Well...", Jaemin starts, shortly thinking about how much he wants to tell the others about Jeno.

From every situation he has been in with Jeno, he has been very careful and respectful, he does seem to watch out and worry a bit for him, but then again doesn't ask things out. Like he's waiting for Jaemin to be okay with telling it the other himself.

And all he's hearings from his friends, or most of them, is that Jeno is a bad guy, had kidnapped him and would hurt him. He may have taken him away, yes, but in the end Jaemin was treated with a lot of kindness, carefulness and friendliness. Completely different from what the others assume.

And somewhere Jaemin has a feeling, Jeno has his few burdens on his shoulders as well. So he'll do it the same, he will respect Jeno just like how he's being respected.

„I got sleep? I got treated to a quiet rest and taken care of. That's basically it."

Surprised Yunho looks at Jaemin, very confused about what he just heard.

„So you're really not hurt or anything?"

„Yunho look at me. My dark circles have left me and I'm as energized as before. I'm alright!"

Xion, „I told you guys that we shouldn't judge! Nothing happened and he's fine. Welcome back Jaemin, let at least me say that. Me and Mark who didn't know about Jeno from the rumors were one of the only ones who weren't as worried. Us and another dude named Soul who also helped search for you before you answered."

Jaemin, „Thank you and thanks for the trust in me. Let's go inside now, shall we? And you Hyunjin, leave the school ground. You don't have a reason to be here today."

Hyunjin, „Oh hell nah, I'm being your bodyguard for at least today. I don't trust shit."