4_0

„Here we are."

As Jeno says that, Jaemin gets off of the bike, even if with a bit of a small struggle at first. But all in all, he seems to do surprisingly well, at least is trying to, since Jeno notices his slight tremble in his legs after a few seconds. But he really is handling everything rather well for how crazy it was.

„That was that. Let's hope we don't have to do that again any time soon.", Jaemin sighs, giving back the helmet to the other.

Jeno answers in a low voice, „Don't worry, next time I'll do it alone so you'll only watch at most."

Jaemin is shortly struck by what he just heard, the deep voice of the other. No matter how often he hears it, when Jeno's voice seems to deepen, the effect remains. It's a mix of a surprise in a good way, as well as gives him a warm feeling somehow.

But once Jeno turns back around again, now without helmet as well, Jaemin forces himself out of his trance, hoping Jeno didn't notice his starring just now.

„Shall we go inside then?"

„Sure thing, lead the way.", Jeno answers.

As he follows the other, Jeno thinks about the situation just now. He is pretty sure Jaemin had starred at him, he noticed the look and trance of the shy one. Usually his voice makes people afraid of him, so he hopes that that's not the case this time. Even if it seems to be, to his disliking.

Jeno already sometimes goes up a pitch when he's around Jaemin, just so that he won't sound as irritating. When he's around others he doesn't care a lot and it can be useful to keep people away as well.

But now that he's meeting Jaemin's parents he will try to be more friendly neutral than hostile neutral for now. The invitation was perfect for him, since he wants to figure out what seems to cause Jaemin such a huge discomfort. And Jeno has also taken in the possibility of domestic violence, of him being abused at home.

A reason why he took Jaemin with himself, rather than try to bring him home.

„I'm back home!", Jaemin says, I'm quite a clear and strong voice, seeming to have recovered from before but also comfortable.

A good sign so far.

„Welcome back son! Did you bring along your friend?", a woman answers, her voice sounds gentle but also like she would be a good protector.

„I did mom, why don't you come here to greet him yourself?"

„One second, my hands are still wet from the dishes!"

As Jeno listens to their conversation, he follows what Jaemin does, in this case taking off shoes and Jaemin putting on his own shoes for the house. Jeno gets some slippers lent from him.

Just as both are about to go towards the kitchen door, a woman appears from it, in her hands still a towel, drying off the water she had mentioned earlier being on her hands.

„My my, what a tough looking fellow. Welcome young man."

„I'm sorry for the intrusion ma'am.", Jeno answers, doing the same as he usually does with Jaemin, going a bit higher with his voice pitch, so that he'll sound a bit brighter and friendly.

It seems that Jaemin's mother is a good person, from the way the two talk, so the guess that there's violence involved here is rather low. Not impossible but until now it looks good enough for Jeno to not act hostile against them in any way.

If they were to give him a reason though, he would switch over right away.

„Oh my, you really are a charming fellow, how polite. Please, come inside, dinner will be ready soon. Be our guest, i insist.", she answers.

Seems like she didn't expect Jeno to be this respectful and really likes it. Jaemin also didn't expect it it seems, since he's standing next to Jeno, his mouth almost hanging open.