1_07

„Hey guys! Wait, did some already leave?", are the first things Mark says upon entering the hideout of Jeno's gang. Which is currently more taken by the other friend group, one seeming in worse shape than the next.

Although many seem to start doing better, as they move a bit now, even a small crowd has formed in front of the tv in the room. But they're still spread out in the room and take up most couches, lying down, many on pain medication still or wrapped up in bandages. Some almost rival mummies.

Taehyun is the one to answer him as he also is the only one to greet him it seems, „Hey. Yeah they left a few minutes ago. Leave them, we'll be lucky if they come back without any injuries. Or something broken."

Mark, „Is it still that bad?"

Yugyeom, „Just because he broke less when you guys are around didn't mean that his strength lessened. And he doesn't plan on doing so. He gained temporary control but it's still bad."

Bambam, „You might not have noticed it but he avoided doing or touching a lot of things with you around. Those which he knows he can't control at all he avoided if possible. That guy can still tear clothes like it's a paper sheet. And that's only his normal strength."

Taehyun, „He hadn't broken Hyunjin's arm on accident for nothing. He loses any control when angry and his frustration ends in that. You're not safe anywhere when you're around him in such a state."

Mark, „Oh... is he that angry at Jaemin? Wait that doesn't quite make sense..."

Yugyeom, „I guess he's more angry at himself. For having thought Jaemin might be different and could understand him. Seems like he didn't."

Bambam, „We have many reasons to follow that guy blindly and not back away from him."

Soul, „But why go through all the trouble in the first place? Why continue following him?"

Taehyun, „You fucking idiot. Have you forgotten that all of us have a bad past and there were basically all broken inside?"

Keeho, „Don't insult him! And what does that have to do with Jeno?!"

Yugyeom, „Why do you think he gave us a chance?! He's the same! We're all the same! The „we" included us all, Jeno as well!"

Hwanwoong, „Is it that bad? I mean, sure he may seem a bit different than others as well but then again, he also almost seems more normal. And I thought he's leading you guys for that reason."

Bambam, „Well that reason ain't that he's the most normal sweet thing. He has an idea of how things can be more normal for us, in terms of less legal problems and also that we can even attend school for example. But he has his own fair share of problems as well. Remember when you beat Jeno up Hyunjin? Didn't you notice something?"

Hyunjin, „Notice? Like what?"

Yugyeom, „Something that seemed weird."

Hyunjin, „Not really? Else than that I never thought anyone would be able to take getting beaten that much without lifting a finger against their attackers. It still surprises me."

Taehyun, „That's exactly the point that we meant."

Felix, „And what is that special about it?"

Bambam, „If you can take getting beaten without reacting in any way the hints are clear."

Yugyeom, „He has to be used to having beaten before. A lot and badly. Maybe even as a child."

Silence after those words, other than the sounds of the movie that had been turned on, nobody else makes a single sound anymore. The heaviness of the words lies on everyone.

Taehyun, „The first and main rule of this gang isn't „never judge a book by it's cover" for no reason. Sometimes I wonder who of us had a worse past, us who in the end got pulled out of it by Jeno. Or Jeno himself, whom we still don't know everything about. Maybe some of us know more, some know less. We won't force Jeno to tell us, it's his decision."