13_6

„Thanks for having me over."

Somewhat monotonous and deep, yet still sincere the words ring through to the kitchen, where Jaemin's mother has been setting the table.

Jaemin's father decided to take Jaemin along to work for the day as the son asked for it, on their way back they then picked up Jeno as both parents have been asking when he'd be over again. And Jaemin has been missing him a bit as well, seeing how he tries not to visit the hideout a lot now, afraid he might accidentally give away that he has no school currently. Or isn't sick, as he claims to be as excuse.

„My my, as polite as ever. Come in you three, dinner is ready.", Jaemin's mother answers, afterwards then greeting her husband and child as well, before all four of them settle down at the dinner table.

The mood seems like always, light and warm, next to enjoying the food. Once they finish up, Jaemin seems very exhausted, not being used to having gotten up so early as his father usually leaves at around 5am, waking up even sooner.

„How about you take a quick nap Sweetie? Your dad sometimes also does after all.", his mother suggests, Jaemin shaking his head and fighting with himself at first.

However, his body wins in the end, as he nods off on his chair, Jeno noticing as he helps cleaning the dishes. He shortly puts the things aside, drying off his hands before he picks up Jaemin.

„I'll bring him to his room, be right back."

Upstairs Jeno lays him down on the bed, then quietly looks at the others peaceful expression, sleeping without any cares on his mind. No stress, no worries, just being relaxed. A state Jeno wants to protect, a state he wants to continue seeing Jaemin in.

Softly he places his hand on one of Jaemin's cheeks, caressing it carefully.

Then though he takes his hand back, leaving the room again while closing the door behind him. When he gets back into the kitchen, the atmosphere has changed a bit. Yet nothing is said, which is why he ignores it for now and continues with the dishes.

Then, Jaemin's father starts speaking.

„Tell me something Jeno. Are you really the dangerous gang leader that rumors have been going around of?"

Jeno stops for a moment in his movement, then though continues while answering, „Yes. What of it? Would it change your opinion of me?"

Jaemin's father, „That's not the point here. To be honest it's rather hard to believe that it's true, even though you admitted it."

Jeno, „I don't think so. If you look behind the scenes, our whole gang is just a group of people broken by others and who are now being called „misfits". But it's not like we're inhumane. If anything, we're just hurt inside. And grew up differently."

Jaemin's mother, „You too?"

Jeno, „It's why I even formed it. I picked the other up and made them more decent than they used to be. But I'm also no prime example of society, I also have my fair share of problems."

Jaemin's mother, „I'm sorry to be asking such personal question."

Jeno, „It's fine with me. You're not bad people, else I wouldn't be here like this. And neither is Jaemin. In fact, I'd rather say he's the opposite. Sometimes way too soft for his own good."

Jaemin's father, „Which is why I would like to make a request of you. For Jaemin's sake."

Jeno, „I'm listening. I will warn you though, I won't stay away from him, not unless he himself wants it."

Jaemin's mother, „Oh no, please don't. I'm fact, even if he wanted that, please stay with him."

Jaemin's father, „To be honest, I would like for you to become like a wall that shields him. That includes the troubles he has with that korean teacher of his. I guess you might know of it, maybe."

Jeno, „I do. I am aware that she suspended him for no reason."

Jaemin's father, „She has been at such things since Jaemin started school. We thought about moving Jaemin a few times now but he won't agree, he doesn't want to leave his friends which is understandable. So that's why I would like to ask you, if you can, please do something against her and that mistreatment. I don't even care anymore in which way you do it, I just want my son to live with less stress and anxiety on his shoulders. He has developed insomnia and other issues through everything and it's just starting to be too much."

Listening to what's said, it only confirms Jeno's initial suspicion. And he now can be completely sure, back when he ran into Jaemin in that bathroom, he had thrown up out of nervousness. And it was caused by that teacher, the pressure she has been putting on him is too great. It's basically like bullying, only with the advantage of power through her position above Jaemin.

So this now makes it certain.

She will have to pay, no matter what.

And Jeno will make sure that she will suffer as much as he can do.

„Don't worry about it. I will make sure Jaemin can relax as long as I am there."