63_

„Fuck, how do we do this now...", San mumbles, feeling more lost than ever.

They have gathered together, walking as one group without their leader now, each tightly next to the other, none of them really leading, though Kun, Yeosang and San are being pushed to the front a bit by the rest. The rest just thought they might have the best chance of talking somewhat normal, unlike someone like Hanse. He knows he's the last one who should talk to Jaemin, afraid he might make Jeno angry if he ruins something, even if it wasn't meant that way.

„Go talk to him, one of you guys! Imma the wrong person for this and we know it!", BamBam hisses and shoves the more and more hesitant people in front of him further.

By now they're close enough to be noticed, according to Jaemin turning his head their way, looking directly at San first. Who gulps upon the eye contact, afraid he could mess everything up any moment now. Nobody would guess that the gang is actually kind of afraid to talk to Jaemin, from the outside their nervousness seems like anger or glares, making people back off more and more.

„Go on, talk you fuck! Ask!", Hanse shoves and hisses now as well, however the pressure is definitely too much for San to handle so he bursts out back at them.

„Fuck off you piece of shit, my normal days have long been over, I ain't made for this just like you!"

The pushing around who should ask doesn't get any better, gets given to Taehyun or Minhee somewhere in between as well, once even Junhee, but they all manage to dodge the bullet, especially Junhee by saying he doesn't even know how to interact at all with someone else than the gang, an argument that works surprisingly well.

The one who ends up losing all this pushing around in the end is Yeosang, who happened to be pushed up front and before he could leave, they reached Jaemin. And he started talking to the first.

„Something wrong with you guys? Do I know you?"

Yeosang looks at the guy in front of him, not really knowing what to do and the pressure high to not fuck this up now. Hesitantly he answers the other, „Kind of, kind of not? If you remember anyone from yesterday."

Jaemin, talking openly, „Oh, so I guess you're Jeno's gang? Since there's so many of you."

As he says that, Jaemin shortly leans to the side, trying to peak at Hanse who in response shoves Taehyun on front of him to avoid eye contact of being seen. He really is the most afraid to fuck up.

Yeosang, sweating slightly, „Uh yeah, you could say that. Should we... like introduce ourselves or...?"

Jaemin, „Sure, why not! Sooner or later we'd have to get to know each other. Let's start with you."

Yeosang, „Oh uhm... me? Well... I'm Yeosang?"

Jaemin, „Nice to meet you. Let's continue with the one left to you."

San, „Oh... Uhm... the names San."

Jaemin, „San, I see. Next, the one behind you to the left."

Bambam, a little lost, „Me?... Bambam."

Jaemin, „And the one to the right next to you?"

Yugyeom, „Yugyeom... might have noticed me..."

Jaemin, „Yesterday? When? I only remember that Jeno called out your name I think."

Hearing that, Yugyeom feels a little bad. Even if Jaemin doesn't recall what he was about to do, the fact that he knows Jeno had called him out on that makes him feel insecure.

Jaemin, „Anyways, that was yesterday and a different situation. Continuing, the next person I'm looking at. Don't try to dodge me."

Minhee, „... I'm Minhee."

Jaemin, „Moving on then."

Junhee, „Junhee."

Jaemin, „And the one next to you?"

Taehyun, „The names Taehyun."

Jaemin, „Over to one of the almost last ones. Come on, show yourself."

Kun, „Ugh... I'm Kun..."

Jaemin, „There, that wasn't that hard now, was it? And the last one, who's trying to hide and avoid me the whole time. Come on, show yourself. Don't be scared."

Hanse, yelling angry suddenly and coming more to the front, „Who's scared!"

Then he seems to realize what he just did, seeming to be embarrassed as he goes back to his try in hiding, while mumbling, „... Fuck.."

Jaemin seems surprised at first, then thought gathers himself back up and goes again, „Alright then. But that doesn't change that you haven't told me your name."

„..... Hanse.", he eventually answers defeated and somewhere feeling a bit humiliated. Not in a way that he would get mad at, more like he got defeated.

Jaemin, „Thank you. Even though I kind of could guess whom you are from that first answer. But anyways. What brings you guys here?"

Hearing Jaemin say he kind of knew Hanse confuses them all, along with how he simply continues. The mindset of a normal person seems kind of scary to them.

Are all people like this?

What does that guy know that they don't?