Chapter 9. Bewitched

Christian Nicholas Brisknberg

To think I would be standing outside my sister's university on a freaking Thursday, I would have just slept at home. But I didn't trust her enough to let her go home alone. So here I was to pick her up. I have been waiting for 15 minutes now and watched as students walked in and out the gates.

I sent her anotger message that if she made me wait 10 more minutes I would take away her money card. She knew me well enough to know that I wasn't joking with that. I hate waiting so very much.

I was irritated when I glanced back to the gates and my eyes caught on something, rather someone I wasn't expecting to see anytime soon.

The moment he had walked out of the school gates I recognized him right away. There is no other face like that, he was talking to another guy who was smiling very widely at something he said. But as soon As he saw me he froze, that was given. I bet he was sure he would never see me again in his entire life just like I was. To think he went to the same school as my sister, someone had to be playing tricks on me.

I thought I would be over with thinking that a guy was pretty but he looked cute today as well, how he could pull up being cute in baggy clothes I don't know. What am sure of is if I saw that green hoodie and faint ripped jeans on someone else I would think they needed the mental hospital, but on him, the clothes looked good.

His friend asked him something as he just shrugged then looked back at me. I gave him a smirk expecting that he would walk to me and say hie but boy was I wrong. Instead, he grabbed his friend's hand which didn't go unnoticed by my heart which ached, he then dragged him away to the other side. I was going to go after him but then I saw my little sister run towards me.

"Nic!"
She jumped on me and have me a tight hug, if I wasn't strong I would have hit my back on the car. Sometimes am sure she forgets she isn't six anymore. My sister has always been like this, but that's why I love her so much, I would do anything for her. Including waiting for her outside the university when I could have been finishing my meetings which I had shifted to another time.

I glanced one more time at the boy just to find a super shocked expression, he looked like he just saw someone get hit by a truck. He looked away fast and got on the bus. What was that expression? Did he like my sister? That's the only possibility that I could think of. But I didn't have time to dwell on that. Instead I smiled at my sister and patted her hair, she pouted but didn't remove my hand. I knew she hated being patted like a kid, but I couldn't help it, she was still a little kid to me.

"had fun?" I asked
"if lecturers calling me and telling me am not serious with my studies because of my 'daddies money' is fun, then I had fun nic"

I chuckled then opened the back door for her and I got into the car after her. "anything else you want to do before the airport?" I asked her. She seemed to think of something but was struggling to whether do it or not. "you have to tell me if there is anything you want to do peaches" I noticed how she flinched to the pet name that I used to call her when she was a little girl.

She looked at me then at James who was in front. "there is a place I have to go for a second, it wont take time"
"OK, what's the address"

We drove for about 15 minutes then entered a shabby looking neighborhood that I didn't even know existed. What was she doing here? What could she possibly do here?

"are you on drugs?" I couldn't help but ask

"of course not! A friend of mine stays here" she grumply said then pointed to a studio apartment that stood out from the rest of the buildings. It was quite small but not as shabby. She was definitely on drugs. I will have to get her tested before going home.

"wait here" she then got out of the car and went to the front door. She rang the bell. I was surely waiting to see a crack head with tattoos to come out of that door.

What I didn't expect to come out was the face of the little man I couldn't seem to get tired of with a towel on his head like he just came out of the shower. I snickered at how cute he looked. So he was even a friend of my sister? What a small world we live in. But 'friends' wasn't the word I should have used when he seemed shocked at seeing my sister on the door that he almost busted the door in her face if she hadn't hold it with her hand. Then the shocked face was replaced with an angry expression when he spat some words at my sister.

Then someone else came out of the house, I recognized the boy as the one he was at the gate with. He also seemed shocked at seeing Luna on the front door, but I wasn't happy at the fact that he came out from the house. What were they doing together? Fuck get your shit together Nikolas. I shook my thoughts out of my head then looked back at the situation.

"should I go help the little miss?" James asked but I shook my head. There was no point in getting involved in college fights.

We couldn't hear what they were saying but the little guy seemed pretty pissed off at my sister. Well not that I was surprised on my sister's part, she seemed to be good at pissing people off. But I wondered what she could have done to a boy like that, he didn't seem like the type to get involved in my sister's harem. Plus he was far from being her type. And seeing him mad like that gave me one picture, a really wild kitten. I smiled at the thought, there goes my sister being scolded at and here I was thinking a guy looked like a really cute but angry kitten.

I looked back at him and noticed he clenched his fists at something my sister said and his eyes were on the verge of crying. I knew it was time I got out of the car, things were getting pretty messy. It was surprising that the two boys still hadn't noticed the car standing on their front yard.

I walked to them and once his eyes fell on me, he lost his resolve on being angry, and his face was just blank. He looked like he was lost for words, the most reaction that I seemed to get out of him since I met him.
Guess I wasnt the only one affected by a presence I wasn't ready to accept.

But I knew I wasn't going to ignore his presence for long, I was getting bewitched at this moment.