Chapter 23. JEALOUS

Caleb Cooper

Breakfast was silent as everyone avoided saying anything and end up pissing dad off. But as soon as he left together with Marcus, the rest of us were free to talk about almost anything. Mostly involved mum asking me about school and asking Charlotte about Marcus.

"last time we talked you told me about your girlfriend Caleb" that caused the choking from both me and Charlotte and we shared a look. I gulped thinking of ways to run from the topic. Well I did tell her about Luna, I mean I told everyone about Luna.

"mum..." I started but had nothing to say.

"I thought you would bring her home and introduce her to us." she continued making me feel even shitier. I looked at my sister with pleading eyes for her help but she only looked away and focused her attention on Nathan who literally didn't need it as much as I did.

" ummh mum, we broke up "

" what, you what? You only dated the girl for a short time Caleb Cooper"

"I know, but she cheated. I couldn't be with her like that"

"oh poor you baby, why didn't you tell me?"

Now my cheeks were burning up with embarrassment. My mum always did this, she always treated me like a delicate kid
"mum stop it. I can handle my own dating life please" I begged wanting to be anywhere else but here. I glared at my sister as I heard her mufflung her laughs.

"I just want to make sure you're happy baby"

"am gonna go Stephen" and I was out of there like the air itself. Once I was in my room I called Stephen.

"Caleb? Yo man! What's good?" his cheery voice came from the other side of the phone.  To think he would still be like this even as grown ups.

"you home bruh?" I asked

"you in town bro?!! Finally! Get your pretty ass to my place now! I won't be taking no for an answer bro!"

I chuckled, the familiarity of my friend hitting me. Stephen has always been like that, he always has to get it his own way. Even calling me a pretty ass goes down the drain, he forced me into accepting it. And he is the only who allows himself to call me that, the last time someone else did, Stephen punched him in the face calling him a fag bastard. I mean it was rude but at that time it had been okay with me, with all of us because in high school, everything goes well. Well we all regret something we did in high school and it's ok.

In an hour I was bathed, dressed and heading downstairs.

"am heading out!" I announced to the ladies busy gosling about their husband's on the living room.

"will you be out late?"

"am not sure, I will tell"

I grabbed my headphones then I was out walking in the silent yet warm streets. Stephen's house was on the other side of town, I could have gone to get a bus but I felt like walking today. I missed this town and I wanted to see everything that had changed. And I was grad I was wearing my hoodie so that no one recognized me.

In 30 minutes or more I was walking down the street to Stephen's place. I walked to his house, smelling BBQ nearby I could hear music too. Guess there was a party somewhere nearby. I rang the doorbell.

"coming!" a female voice answered. In a few seconds the door swung open and Stephen's little sister came out in a white dress. That's when I also noticed the music was coming from inside the house.

"umh, hie" I said as soon as I realized she wasn't gonna say anything but stare at me as if she has never seen me before.

"oh hie, oh God. Hello" she jumped from her trance.