Chapter 19 : Bonding

Caleb Cooper

"yes mum I will be leaving in a few hours" I flopped myself on my sofa and hugged my knees. "I miss you too, yeah, bye"

I cut the phone before she could say anything else and sighed. I don't even feel like doing anything, I don't want to do anything.
I can't believe I cried in front of everyone like that. Where did those tears come from? I know I was a bit surprised but not in a million possibilities did I see myself crying like that. And I didn't stop till Laura and Louis were hugging me from each side of the bed, well it's because I slept anyway. They were gone by the time I woke up. Laura texted me that she was meeting her brother while Louis was going home.

Was I really hurt by seeing Nicholas with someone else? Why did it affect me so much? I was supposed to be expecting it, Nicholas had a life apart from me, away from me.

Even if I like him, there is no guarantee that he will like me back. Unlike me, that woman had the qualities to be with him, she is a woman, am a man. There is no mean  Nicholas wants to be with me.

Then what was all that in the morning? Why was he kissing me like that? Why had he treated me like a special person?

"urrrgggg!!!fuck you Nicholas" I could feel the tears threatening my swollen eyes again but I pushed them back. I wasn't going to cry again. Am not the first person to be treated like this. I mean I have been in a relationship with an engaged girl, nothing is going to beat that. And to think I would be here crying for her brother, what a scenario. Maybe this isn't my thing at all. Why would I fall for both of them?

"hah... Fuck this" I got up. I had to be getting ready to leave. I was going home, and three weeks is enough to forget all this, to forget Luna and Nicholas. I was going to have fun with my family, thoughts about my little nephew Nathan was enough to get me going

I went to shower. Yes, this is for the best. I was not going to be hang up on a man that didn't know what he wanted.

Ding dong!

I stopped running my hands through my soapy hair.

Ding dong!

Who would it be? Did Louis or Laura come back? Did they forget something? But the door wasn't locked. They could just come in.

Ding dong!

Persistent bastards!

"the door is unlocked!" I shouted from the bathroom knowing they would hear. I then heard the main door open and shut quietly. That was definitely not Louis or Laura, they always banged the door shut. I quickly rinsed my hair and body then wrapped the white towel around my waist then rushed outside.

"did you forget somethi..." I froze in my tracks seeing the tall figure shadowing my small living room. Am sure I forgot how to breathe.
What was he doing here? What was he doing in my living room? What was he doing in my house?
"Nicholas..." it came out lower than I intended, my voice betraying me. He didn't say anything. He just stood there staring at me, his eyes wondering all over my body, making me feel so self conscious and remember that I was still wet and only in a small towel covering my lower part.

I gasped and run to the bedroom to put on something. This man always had a way of making me feel like this, so weird. I never feel self conscious with Louis or Matt, I always change in front of them.

The footsteps coming into my bedroom made me remember that I didn't close the door in my rush to wear something that I still hadn't find. I had only managed to wear my briefs under the towel when I felt the presence in my now small room, well it never was small till there was a huge presence in it. I turned and looked at him, he was now leaning on the door sides with one hand in the pocket.