CHAPTER 41. TOGETHER

Caleb cooper

"Father ..." Nicholas politely called as to make sure he wasn't interrupting anything with the older men.

"What is it son?" The man happily asked showing how magnificent their father-son relationship was and I envied it.

"There is someone hiding behind me who I would like you to meet" and I clenched on him tighter. How can he just say that? Now I feel more worse. I heard his father laugh, if I wasn't embarrassed I would have admired how free he was, and he laughed just like Nicholas.

"Come out son, let your father-in-law take a look at you"
And I coughed not expecting that at all. Father-in-law? I took a peek and as expected, they were all waiting for me to show my face. I gulped hard finding my courage and took a step away from Nicholas's back and his father laughed again, now louder and deeper.

"How did you land on a shy one you stupid son of mine!?"

"Stai zitto,padre" my eyes met Nicholas's and he gave me a nod taking my hand in his and pulling me forward so that I was fully standing in front of his father.

"What is your name son? You are a boy right?" The man asked seriously intimidating me even more and yet making me chuckle together with Nicholas. I relaxed a little.

"Caleb.... Caleb cooper sir"

"Sir?" He seemed take back by that. "call me Antonio or father will you? papa would be great too. I am the one who is supposed to be respecting you"

"Huh?" Did I hear right?

"Not even I managed to break my son's walls" he offered me a hand which I hastily shook "job well done boy. How old are you?"

"23"

"Still growing I see. Still in school I presume?"

"Yes sir....I mean father, I mean papa"

He chuckled "Must be hard having a boyfriend like Nicholas right? Always come cry to me if he is not treating you right ok?"

Boyfriend.

I genuinely smiled "I definitely will do that father" Nicholas pulled me flush to his chest that I gasped

"Don't I treat you well baby?" He spoke right on my neck that I felt goosebumps all over my body "tell the old man how good your 'boyfriend' treats you" he whispered the statement right below my ear making me shiver.

Boyfriend. He called himself my boyfriend. Nicholas is my boyfriend. Gosh the kinds of butterflies flying around my stomach were on another level.

I knew I wasn't supposed to be this elated but I couldn't help my heart pounding as hard as it was at this moment. I was happy. Who knew a label of what we are would make me this happy? I gave him my best smile and he smiled back at me.

"Let's go eat kitten." The way he said it made the simple words sound so sensual. Or maybe I was really just a pervert. My cheeks burned as he winked at me and directed us somewhere.

And we all followed him to a table where a few others were already seated. I noticed Luna and Julian, aunt Mae, another couple that I met earlier, the guys were also on this table. Well they are more of a family to Nicholas I guess. A few faces that I didn't know were also here. Nicholas pulled a chair for me right next to Luna and he sat next to me.

"Your mother didn't come?" I just had to ask.

"She is in Vietnam. She was visiting family"

"Are you vietnamese?" That was news. I thought he would definitely be Spanish.