CHAPTER 39. HIS TO OWN

Caleb cooper

As soon as I got my phone back, the first person I called was Laura whose messages ended in 'i will report for a missing person if you don't answer me' and then 'oh I met Louis, go get it boy. You deserve to be happy'

And I was happy. Nicholas made me happy, axhausted but happy. And I cut the phone as soon as she started asking me how the sex was. No way was I going to start explaining how good my back entrance feels when penetrated.

I later called Stephan who was also very worried that I went mia for two days. And I was glad he was back to his normal self telling me about his new crush and all.

The hardest call to make was that out to my mum. I really didn't want to make the call but I also really wanted to make the call. I wanted to how she was doing, if she was ok. Of course Stephan told me she seemed ok but it wasn't enough. Wanted to hear it from her.

"Hello, Caleb? Caleb? Hello"

"Hey mAh" I think am gonna cry. Mum's voice sounded drained. Like she was sick or something.

"Oh god cal, you stupid boy" and she was bawling on the other side of the phone making my heart clench even more and my own tears to threaten my eyes. "I was so worried about you" and the tears did run down my cheeks.

"Am sorry mum... Am so sorry"

"What are you sorry for? Don't say that sweetie, you did nothing wrong"

"Mum...."

"You are grown up to make the right decision, am sorry that we didn't support you when you are the one going through a lot"

"Mum don't say that"

"Am your mother cal, I raised you. And I know you are still my sweet boy no matter what..."

"I love you so much mum" the door to the bedroom opened and Nicholas walked in making me wipe off my tears so fast. "Are you ok?"

She chuckled stiffly "shouldn't I be the one asking you that?"

"But dad... He"

"You father just has a temper, you should not worry about him"

"Am worried about you mum, please"

Nicholas walked to where I was seated and sat next to me, entirely distracting me because now my eyes were glued on him.

"Don't be, I was more worried about you. I am supposed to worry about you. Have you been eating enough? Do you have groceries?"

"Mum am eati.... (Gasp)"

"Caleb are you ok? What's wrong?"

"It's ummh.... It's nothing" I glared at Nicholas who had a smirk on his face after pulling me onto his lap like that. It caught me by surprise. I mouthed 'what the hell are you doing?' and he just hugged me laying his head on my shoulder

"Am eating enough"

"Am just worried, we haven't sent you anything in two weeks"

"Don't worry, I ummh... I have savings"

"Those are for your school projects, I will talk to your father and we will send you some money okay"

Dad will not give me any money. But I wasn't going to say that to her. She was right about my savings though, I mostly used that money for project materials and other school necessities. But the past two weeks that was the money I was using to keep myself going. If dad doesn't send me anything I will have to start considering a job.

"Okay"

"And isn't your semester starting soon?"

"Yeah, I have two weeks left"