Chapter 16. Him

Christian Nicholas Brisknberg

I knew he would be at the party but I wasn't expecting to see him this soon. As soon as my eyes met his purple orbs I scowled. Not because I wasn't happy to see him, damn God knows I missed the little kitten, but because I wasn't planning on him seeing me like this. I felt shitty all of a sudden and did what came to my mind first. That's remove Loretta's hand from my arm, excuse myself and walked to where he was.

He seemed to shift on his legs, was he uncomfortable that I was going to him? But I didn't care. I just wanted to be close to him and that's what I was going to do.
But when I stood in front of him and stare into his eyes, my voice dissappeared. I couldn't say anything. Damn I felt stupid. I saw him clench at the cup in his hand and his shoulders slumped. Guess he really was uncomfortable.
"hie..." he spoke in a very low voice then broke the gaze. I wanted to say something but that was broken when the girl next to him spoke. I didn't even notice she was there. Who was she? Did she come with my kitten? Who was she to him? Not that am one to ask, I had a date too. But something about this didn't feel right, I didn't like it at all.

"hie Mr Brisknberg, my name is Laura, it is so nice to meet you in person"
"oh" I hoped they didn't hear the hesitation in my voice. I didn't hate the girl, I just didn't like her being next to my kitten. But I gave her a smile either way extending my hand "nice to meet you too Laura" she have me her hand and i kissed the back which sent a deep shade of red to Laura's cheeks. I didn't dwell on it as my attention was back to caleb  "can I steal him for a second?" I politely asked her without looking at her and Laura looked at Caleb wondering whats going on.

I was expecting Caleb to say yes but when she said yes, he flinched.
"I want to use the bathroom" and he bolted out of here into the house.

What just happened?

Did he leave me? Did he just avoid talking to me? Was he that uncomfortable with me? I felt my heart shrink in my chest at the thought of him avoiding me.

"sorry about that, he might just be drunk" Laura explained but I didn't care. He avoided me! That's what I cared about. My kitten avoided me.

"it's ok, I will talk to him later. Have a nice time Laura" I tried to smile but I failed. I just left and went to grab a drink and chugged it down. Why would kitten avoid me like that? Fuck! I had to find Turner.

Loretta walked to me and got the cup from my hand and placed it on the table.
"are you OK?" she asked

"yeah, I was just looking for Turner"

"heard he is quite busy" she smirked  and I knew what he meant. He had to be with Louis. Those two had no sense of privacy at all, with all these people and they were banging? Like he was a host for christ sake.

I ignored it and got Loretta a drink. I brought a girl and here I was thinking about other things. And the rest on the night involved me talking to other people who wanted my attention that I didn't even have a chance to talk to Caleb. But I could tell he was avoiding me because he made sure to stay at a distance from me. What I noticed was that he was drinking too much. And from what I remember he isn't much of a drinker.

I started going to him but I was pulled by Jason who wanted to introduce me to some people I couldn't really pay attention to. My eyes were stuck on Caleb who was being helped by Laura to sit down. She handed him a cup which I figured was water and he chugged it down without resisting. Gosh he was so cute.

I lost it when I saw my friend Scott walk to him and stood next to him. I knew Scott, he liked everything that was pretty, and right now that was Caleb. He was basically screaming am pretty and free!
Caleb looked at Scott and smiled, my hands clenched into fists right away. Why was he smiling at Scott?
Then Scott sat next to him and they talked about something. I didn't care what, I just wanted him away from my kitten. But I couldn't go with Loretta holding on to me like this. I looked at her, she was saying something to Jason.