Chapter 42: RED

Caleb's POV

RED.

Thats what I saw.

"Cassandra!" "Mother!" "Mother!"

Mr Brisknberg, Nicholas and Luna shouted at the same time as I abruptly stood up banging my hands on the table and earning everyone's full attention.

"That's enough" even I couldn't recognize my own voice with how angry I sounded. I glared at the woman whose mere presence was supposed to threaten me, but at this moment, my anger overtook my senses and if I didn't let it out I was going to burst.

"Caleb..." Nicholas called but his voice felt so distance.

"You dont like me" I was basically pointing my finger at her " but guess what? I don't like you either" the gasps that went through the whole room were energizing.

"Who do you think you are talking to boy!" Mrs Brisknberg shouted standing up too the same way I did.

"Don't raise your voice at him mum!" Am glad Nicholas was taking my side but I was too gone to actually care, and the hand on his thigh was distracting me.

"You actually think I would come here to listen to you talk like that in my face? I think I hear enough shit from my family to handle this. You don't want me at your table? Fine!" I kicked my chair backwards "I don't want to be at the same table as you either after what you did to me!"

"Caleb" I glared at Nicholas, mostly at the hand on his thigh, it was still there. Who knew I could be this petty. But damn petty felt good.

Then I looked at Mr Brisknberg and gave him a warm genuine smile "Thank you for inviting me papa, it was a nice meal" he smiled back but anyone could see the pity in his eyes and yes, I called him papa out of my own selfish pettiness.

"But I will be taking my leave now" and with that I turned to go just to leave to to stop a few steps away, go back to my seat, grab my glass of wine, chugged it down and slammed the glass back down.

"Caleb" Nicholas grabbed my hand

"Oh please, mummy dearest brought you miss Scarlett Johansson over there, read the room will you" was I mad at Nicholas? No. Did I hate the girl? Of course not. But the way he actually entertained her pissed me off to more levels than necessary.

"Fuck!" I inwardly cursed. Nicholas looked a little hurt but that's what the truth does, it hurts. The way the truth was hurting me right in this moment. I didn't belong here, she made that very clear. I was out of my league, out of my class and definitely out of my comfort zone. I had come to accept it all but what exactly was I accepting?

I did love Nicholas.

But was it worth it?

"Kitten..." Nicholas called snapping me out of my thoughts and realizing how close he stood to me. When did he even stand up? He tried to take my arm but I swatted it away taking a step back. My eyes went straight to turner who was clearly mad as well from all this drama and I begged him with my eyes. Glad when he got my message and stood up coming to where I stood, pulled me to his chest and I broke down.

"Let me take you home sweetheart, Nicholas will handle all of this, right?" Silence " right Christian?"

"Fuck" the murmured curse from Nicholas was so low. I didn't even want to look at what kind of face that Nicholas was making right now. "Okay" but before we left, a hand was placed on Turner's shoulder. " upstairs turn, you understand that right?" His voice was low and so deep and so threatening.

"Of course, as if I would want you crazy ass on me on new year"

With that, Turner directed me out of the room and the last thing I heard before the giant doors closed was Nicholas shouting that everyone go back to what they were doing, nothing to watch here!