CHAPTER 26. SITUATIONS

Caleb cooper

I groaned for the 100th time this morning earning the same glare from my sister and mum. Just glad that dad took Nathan out while Marcus went out with old friends.

"Why are you not going out?" Charlotte asked eyeing me suspiciously as she has done the past few days.

"Shouldn't you be asking yourself that?" I asked her. Like she's been cooped up in this house since she came.

She just scoffed and went back to discussing something with mum. "I will be in my room"

I left the living room and went into my room, throwing myself on the bed with another groan as my phone beeped. I knew who it was, I just didn't want to pick up or answer their messages.

It's been a week now since what happened with Nicholas, I havent to either him or Stephan since then. I wasn't ready to talk to Stephan, I just didn't know what to say. How was I supposed to explain what happened?
And Nicholas, I don't know what he wants to say to me but am sure I don't want to hear anything from him. Not now, not when am still embarrassed from everything.

I picked my phone and checked the message, to my surprise it was from Louis.

'pick up the phone, gotta talk"

I don't want to talk to anyone. So I shut him out , throwing the phone on the other side and planting my face into the pillow.

"Caleb!" Charlotte shouted from downstairs "your friend is here!"

Friend? my friend? Stephan? Why was he here? No no no, not today am not ready for that yet.
I scrambled out of the bed to open the door just to run into a body and we both went crushing down on the floor. I groaned as I rubbed my forehead while sitting up to look at the person who deeply groaned as well from hitting the wall so hard.

"God what the fuck cay" Stephan cried staring at me "what's the rush for? Are you ok?" He raised his hand to touch my forehead but I flinched back before he touched me making him retract his hand. Why did I do that?

I looked at his face and his face showed hurt and concern. "Why did you come?" I asked trying to ignore everything and stand up. I offered my hand and he stood up too.

"You were ignoring my calls..." He said entering my room and standing inside waiting for me to follow. But the last thing I wanted was to be with Stephan alone to give him a chance to ask about last time. But I still followed and closed the door behind me. He sat on the bed, throwing himself back so he lied down with his legs dangling.

I sighed and sat next to him the same way.
"Am sorry" I said "I just didn't...."

"It's fine, I was shocked too"

It's always been the best trait about Stephan, he never pushed for anything if I didn't want to talk about it. But right now I wished he asked me so I don't have to live with my guilty mind.

"Am sorry I left you there"

"As long as you got home fine, you are not 15 anymore" he chuckled reminding me of the past as well. He went nuts when I had left him at a party to come home, he basically woke up the whole house the next morning to ask if I was home.

"Who drove back home?" I asked

"They sent us a driver those rich freaks, though Luna was worried about you, saying her brother was going to kill you" we both laughed. "the guys are also worried about you, asking if you are fine"

"Well am ok"

"Are you?"

I stayed silent for a few seconds and he sighed "I don't want to ask you Caleb but I also want to know you as I always have known you. You are a big part of my life you know?"