Chapter 13. Closer

"oh my God!!! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!!"

My screams were loud enough to echo three times in such a huge house that I even surprised myself but I couldn't control my fear. Am just glad Nicholas was strong enough to catch me because the way I jumped on him was enough to knock him to the ground.
"Jesus Caleb what's wrong?!" I think I should have caught him by surprise too because he looked like he has just seen a ghost, but it was more of concern than surprise.

"shit" I groaned while panting

"shhh, calm down. Calm down" he soothed while rubbing my back. Instead my grip on him just tightened because I could now feel my shame creeping up at me. I can't believe I screamed like that just because I was a little shaken. Damn it. "shh it's ok, what's wrong?"
My guilt of making him concerned like this just increased. My head fell to the crook of his neck and I inhaled, hard, relaxing at the scent and loosening my grip a little.

"are you OK?" he asked me. And that's when I realized what I did, I just inhaled his scent! I must have come out like a creep. I wiggled trying to get away from him but his grip on my waist onlt tightened. I froze.

Shit shit shit! I cursed in my mind. What did I just do? As if In my embarrassing break moment that I had jumped on him wasn't enough, I had my legs rapped around his waist so tight like my life depended on it, well it seemed like it did at the moment, but now it just seemed humiliating. I groaned again in his neck wishing I could just faint.

"kitten, as much as am loving this you have to tell me what's wrong" his voice was a bit raspier and deeper than before and he spoke directly in my ear which sent chills all over my body I had to control myself from shivering from pleasure. God what was wrong with me all of a sudden? This wasn't OK at all.

"kitten..." he called again and this time I couldn't stop the shiver. My whole face was burning hot and I knew my ears were a different color by now. How could his voice have this effect on me? His one hand slided from my upper back to the small of my back that it was almost on my butt.
I knew he wasn't doing this intentionally but how I wished he would just stop cause something else was starting to react.

"dog..." it came out mostly as a whisper I didn't even think he heard me. He pulled my face away from his neck so he was able to look at my face. I didn't have the courage to look him in the eye so my eyes were glued on his chest. God this is embarrassing! I internally screamed.

"kitten, what did you say?" his hand was now on my cheek making me face him properly. His face held nothing but worry and I felt so guilty for being like this over nothing. "speak up"

I sighed "there is a dog" I said it a bit louder this time.
"a dog?"  he raised an eye brow then realization seemed to hit him cause he looked down. I followed his eyes and there it was, in all of its glory wiggling its tail as if it just didn't scare the shit out of me. Some guts it had. Nicholas looked at me "are you scared of dogs?"
"it just really caught me off guard ok?" I don't care if I was sulking but I really was surprised.

Then Nicholas did something I didn't expect, he busted out laughing. Not his usual chuckle or simple smile, I real head thrown back-most-sexy laugh I have ever heard in my life.
Every time I had read of such a laugh in stories I didn't believe it but here it was, It was happening right in front of me. It wasn't a novel at all. Was anything about this man not worth watching? Nope, so because of that my eyes didn't leave his face for a second memorizing every features movement as he laughed. By the time he calmed down I had taken every inch of his gorgeous face into the corner of my brain.

He looked at me "you really are a kitten aren't you kitten" he teased me. And started walking reminding me that I was still in his arms, but that didn't seem to bother him at all. He walked to the living room and flopped on the brown leather sofa with me on top of him so that I was straddling him. His hands didn't show show signs of letting me go so I didn't even try to move too. Don't judge me.