CHAPTER 35. My Little Kitten

Caleb Cooper.

I sobered up.

Like the right away sobering up. That kiss did things to me, and it lingered on my lips as I pushed Nicholas to pull myself up, walked around the car and got inside the passenger seat and closed the door. I couldn't think of anything else. Nicholas just showed me dominance and passion in one kiss and left me yearning for more. Like what the hell just happened? My mind got blank.

It took a minute before the door opened and Nicholas got into the driver's seat and closed the door. I didn't even dare to look at him. His aura screamed anger, frustration and desire. He was mad at me. He really was mad at me and it was scary, though it also turned me on but it was really scary. A pissed off Nicholas was not something I would want to see daily.

But my heart still fluttered the moment I had seen him. The only thought was that he came, he came for me. He was outside my place, waiting for me and that was it. Nothing else mattered. All my fears for the past two weeks drained away at his sight and I knew I was stupid.

This man wanted me.

Nicholas wanted me. That should have been the only thing that I had thought about, but my brain went around doubting him, creating all sorts of scenarios where he belonged with someone else, forgetting that I could be that someone. Am stupid. Am so stupid. I had given up.

I gave up on him.

Tears rolled down my cheeks as the engine started.

"Nic..." I sobbed, but was ignored "nic am sorry"

"Sleep" that's all he said. He didn't want to talk.

I sighed and looked out the window and watched buildings disappear as I let the tears continue to do their thing. sleep did consume me slowly but I still managed to see the sign on washville but I might as well be imagining things in my state. He should be taking me to his house. My eyes kept drifting off from sleep and back, not entirely opening but enough to see a figure or building along the way. I even got myself comfortable in my sleep though it felt so long.

When I woke up I felt a real calmness in the environment. 

It was even starting to get light outside giving the view a fresh look. It was so breathtakingly beautiful. Green Trees were all I could see. But my headache made me not enjoy the view fully, I turned to look at Nicholas. He looked so calm.

"How was your sleep?" He asked without even looking at me.

"Ummh ok I guess"

"Good"

"Where are we going?" I just had to ask

"Home"

"Which one?"

He chuckled sending butterflies into my empty stomach "you will see love" I bit my lips at the flattery. "We are almost there"

"How long have you been driving?"

"Are you worried about me?" I pouted while he smirked "8 hours to and 9 hours from because you were sleeping"
My eyes widened "you didn't rest at all! That's 17 hours! That's almost a day"

This time his eyes turned to me with an amused glint. But I could see how tired he is. "I will rest kitten... Later" the way he said those words implied a lot of things. "We are here"

The road cleared up and I gasped.