Chapter 10. Friends

Caleb Cooper

"fuck Luna what do you want??!" I scram as she held my door with her hand. Not that I couldn't close it, but I was afraid I would hurt her hand in the process. When I heard the door bell I wasn't expecting to find her on my door step. What was she thinking? Why was she even here? To see if I was sulking without her? I was so pissed that she had the guts to show up at my door like this.
I looked at her, she was facing me with a firm expression that I knew so well off, she wasn't gonna back down. I let go of the door.

"who is there!?" Mike asked from the inside, he was supposed to be making us toast.
"it's nothing" I looked back at Luna "what do you want?"
"I want to talk to you Caleb, can I come inside"
"you can't come inside Luna, you can't"
"fine I understand, will just talk out here. Look, Caleb, am sorry. I didn't mean to treat you like that, I didn't mean to leave you like that"
"then what did you mean?" she looked at me like I asked a foreign question. "tell me Luna, if you didn't mean to dump me and leave the like that knowing very well I would be hurt, then what did you mean?"

I could feel the tears threatening to come rolling out of my eyes but I wasn't going to cry in front of Luna, I wasn't going to give her the satisfaction of knowing that she affected me that much. Her being here just brought back the pain that I felt when I read her text and didn't see or hear from her for weeks. And she was saying sorry?

"Caleb let me explain"

"God just give me an excuse Luna! Any excuse would be better than you saying sorry right now. God knows I liked you so much"

"I know, I know Caleb"

"then why?" I was even scaring myself with how much I was breaking down right now. "why did you do that"

"am getting married" 

Just as soon as she dropped the bomb Mike came out of the house. He seemed more shocked than I was when I saw her here, but I remembered that I never told him that Luna used to come to my place a lot, it was like 4 times a week she was here.

"what are you doing here" he asked her with his guard up.
"I can't do anything to Caleb, Mike"
I couldn't even focus on what they were saying to each other any more. My mind was stuck on what she just said. She was what?

"since when?"  was the first question that came out of my mouth, they both stopped arguing and looked at me. I looked at Luna and clenched my fist preparing my heart for what I was asking for.   "how long did you know you were getting married?"
"marriege?"
"not now Mike"
"before I started dating you"

I felt my feet wobble but I stood still. So basically she was just playing with me all along?
But before I could say anything there was another presence walking towards us and I glanced up, freezing the moment my eyes caught his blue orbs that seemed to be staring directly to my soul. My day couldn't get any worse could it?

I wanted to say something but it was like my voice was stuck in my throat.

"I asked you to wait" Luna huffed at her brother while Mike just looked from one face to another.

"I tried, but I don't like waiting" though he replied, his gaze didn't leave mine for a second, not that I was complaining. "hie, now that we officially meet" he extended his hand to me "am Christian Nicholas Brisknberg, am luna's elder brother"
I swallowed hard I was sure they all heard it but I couldn't control it. I hesitantly took his hand to shake it but I still couldn't find my voice. Damn I should have looked like an idiot!

"you know him?" both Mike and Luna asked at the same time. That removed me from the trance in his eyes and I looked down while murmuring a low 'yeah'.

"yes, he is an acquaintance of mine" he smiled "right? Caleb?"