Chapter 11. Lunch

Christian Nicholas Brisknberg

The meeting took longer than expected so by the time I got out, my shoulders were aching. We didn't even come to a conclusion so we would basically need to conference again. I slumped in my chair, loosened my tie and unbottoned the top buttom. Though winter was almost showing I couldn't help but feel hot.

I checked my time, it was already lunch time. I was supposed to be having lunch with Turner today, so I just fixed myself with a groan and left my office. I saw James working on some documents.

"go for lunch James, am not gonna pay for overtime" I said and he gave me a frown.
"who said they wanted the documents by the end of today?" he asked
"but I didn't say you should starve yourself now did I?" and with that the elevator was closed and I was out of there. I pressed the car park button. My office was on the 53rd floor which was the top floor. It was like this too at the main company, just that there was the 84th floor.

I got to my car and in no time I was pulling over the restaurant Turner had sent the location of. It wasn't far from my office to say the least, and it wasn't as fancy as I thought it would be because according to Turner, the more fancy the better.
But this place was simple, with a nice atmosphere too.

I went inside and the first face I saw was that of Turner. He gave me his goofy grin which made me frown. I went to his table and sat down facing the door.

"are you sure your face works?" he asked calling the waiter.
"as long as am giving you a certain expression then it works just fine"
"welcome to crapa foods. I will be taking your orders" it was a man probably in his mid 20s, tall and had a welcoming smile on his face.
"the chef's special please" I simply said then looked at Turner whose eyes were glued on the guys chest. I chuckled knowing my bestfriend was undressing an innocent waiter in his head.
"what about you sir?" he turned to Turner who gave him one of his captivating smirks, it's what he called them.

"I will have your special" Jesus Turner! Seriously? You were going straight for it? His eyes trailed to the name tag on the guys chest pocket "Louis" I saw a smile crept on the waiters lips.
"that's going to cost a lot sir" he said his eyes not leaving turner's at all.
"am sure I can afford it sweetheart" he winked.

Are they seriously flirting while I was right here? Fuck you Turner.

"I will not be the one serving you though, my shift just ended" Louis said
"then join us for lunch, it will be worth while"
Seriously Turner you are going to make me eat with a waiter at the same place where he works cause you want to get in his pants? Louis seemed to notice the frown on my face cause he went ahead to deny it.

"am already having lunch with a friend of mine" and at the same time the door bell dinged and we all turned to look. My breathing went hay wire like it always seemed to do whenever I saw that boy.
"oh there he is, thank you for the offer"

So he way kitten's friend. I smiled creepily.

"join us with your friend then" they both looked at me bewildered. I couldn't blame them, one minute I was frowning the next I was agreeing with the idea. But I wasn't going to miss a chance to talk to kitten.
Louis agreed then left to go talk to his friends after handing the paper of our order to the cashier.

Turner turned to me "what was that?" he asked and I looked at him, though I didn't want to take my eyes off of kitten.
"what was what?" I asked as if I didn't know what he was talking about.
"oh wait, is that him?"

Well yes, when I was confused about my feelings I went to my bestfriend. Whose better to talk to than a full gay brother? I gave him a nod and he seemed to connect the dots.
"I have to say, you really have an eye for these things. Even I would like to tap that"
I almost growled at him but held myself back. God what was going on with me? "I don't blame you for questioning your sexuality bro, he is really...."
"cute?"  I finished it for him and he agreed. I looked back at caleb and I found him looking at us. Guess Louis told him already because he seemed hesitant.