Chapter Forty Three - A New Plan

Cynthia and Robin were currently manning the ship that was Scoops Ahoy. Cynthia didn't like that her brother was off looking for Russian spies without her, but the only way they were going to be able to keep looking was if Cynthia, Robin, and Steve kept their jobs. Since Steve had taken it upon himself to be the American hero, it was up to Cynthia and Robin to make sure that they were employed.

"Ahoy," Robin said.

Lucas's little sister Erica and her friends had walked up. Cynthia normally liked Erica but the whole Russian spy thing mixed with Erica's insistence on abusing the free sample policy was enough to put Cynthia in an irritable. Normally, she would let Erica screw over Scoops Ahoy, but today was not the day.

"I'd like to try the peanut butter chocolate swirl please," Erica told them.

"No," Robin told her. "No more samples today."

Erica raised her eyebrow at them, "Why not?"

"Because you're abusing our company policy," Robin said.

"And what about you?" Erica looked at Cynthia.

"Like she said, no," Cynthia raised her eyebrows. "The fifty free samples you had yesterday was enough to try our entire ice-cream selection three times over."

"Where's the sailor man?" Erica asked.

"Sorry, he can't help you," Robin said. "He's busy."

"Busy with what?" Erica asked.

Cynthia couldn't help, but smile, "Spy craft."

Erica and her friends walked away. Cynthia and Robin were left alone in behind the counter.

"I don't know how that child has room for the amount of ice-cream she eats," Robin said.

"I don't know either," Cynthia said. She looked at Robin. "So, what do you think the boys are doing right now?"

"Probably being dinguses," Robin said.

"That must be your favorite word," Cynthia chuckled.

"One of them," Robin smirked at her. "So, a question has been on mind for a while."

"Ask away," Cynthia sighed.

"Harrington was single for months, and he was nice to you," Robin looked at her. "Why did you never date him?"

"Steve and I are friends now, but we weren't always," Cynthia explained. "He's a really good guy, but some of the shit he said to me, we would have never worked. Besides, he's not my type."

"And what is your type?" Robin asked.

"Tall, lanky," Cynthia smiled. "A total metalhead who wears a jean jacket vest over a leather jacket. With the most beautiful eyes ever."

"Sounds like you and this guy are pretty serious," Robin said.

"We've only been dating for a few months, but when you're with the right person," Cynthia thought about Eddie. "It feels like forever." She looked over at Robin. "What about you? Why don't you date Steve?"

"Me? Date the dingus?" Robin asked. "Why would you ever think that's a possibility?"

"I'm just saying, if you're in the market to look for a boyfriend, Steve isn't the worse choice you could make," Cynthia said.

"You're really giving me a vote of confidence that Steve is dateable in the slightest," Robin raised her eyebrows.

"I know that sounds bad, but Steve will always protect the people he cares about," Cynthia tried to save that conversation.