Chapter Sixty Seven - A New Type of Christmas

Cynthia was curled up under her blankets. It was warm and safe and just the best place to be. Then, she felt a sudden weight on her. Then, an even bigger weight on her. She was crushed into the bed.

"What the...." Cynthia started to say.

"Wake up!" Dustin said. "It's Christmas morning!"

"It's time for good breakfast and opening present," Eddie told her.

Cynthia pulled the blanket over her head, "Sleep." She did her best to snuggle under the covers with both her brother and boyfriend on top of her and trying to wake her up.

"You've had enough sleep," Eddie said as he pulled the comforter off of her. "We gave you an hour."

"Come on, Cynthia," Dustin said. "Everything for breakfast is all made up. All we need to do is cook everything."

"Yeah," Eddie said. "We've even started the cinnamon rolls. We just need you to make the icing."

"Come on, Cynthia," Dustin's and Eddie's voices were starting to blend together.

"All right," Cynthia rolled out of bed. She knew she should be annoyed, but she wasn't. "Let's go finish up breakfast, then we can open presents."

The trio went to the kitchen. Cynthia made up the icing for the cinnamon rolls while Eddie and Dustin started on the bacon and pancakes. After Cynthia was done with the icing, she got out some strawberries and bananas for some fresh fruit. She ate a few strawberries as she set the bowl on the table. Then, she moved Eddie and Dustin out of the way as she checked on the cinnamon rolls. They were done, so Cynthia put on an oven mitt and took them out of the oven. She put them on the counter and drizzled an ungodly amount of icing over them. She looked to the side and saw that Dustin and Eddie had made a good stack of pancakes and bacon. They had even worked out a system. Eddie watched everything and flipped it onto the plate while Dustin took it to the table. Cynthia moved the cinnamon rolls alongside a knife to cut them out of the pan to the table as Eddie and Dustin put the last of the pancakes on the table.

"This all smells and looks delicious," Eddie smiled as he put his arm around Cynthia.

"Agreed," Cynthia smiled at them. "I didn't think that you guys were such great cooks."

"Thank Grandma's cookbook," Dustin said. "If we didn't have that, we would have ruined everything when we started."

"Grandma's cinnamon rolls," Cynthia nodded. "Good choice, Dustin."

"I do my best," Dustin teased her.

"Let's just eat," Eddie said. "This is amazing."

They all sat down and started to eat. All of their plates were loaded with the food they had just made. They were all too hungry to even talk about anything else. Cynthia was so glad that everything tasted good. She loved both Eddie and Dustin, but she didn't have lots of hope for them in terms of cooking skills. Especially Eddie. But, due to some Christmas miracles, it had worked. After they were all done eating, they cleaned up the entire kitchen quickly. They had eaten all of the pancakes and bacon, but there were still a few cinnamon rolls left. They just left those out and put the fruit in the fridge. The cinnamon rolls wouldn't last the day. Finally, the kitchen was in a presentable state.

"Time for presents?" Dustin asked.

"You took the words right out of my mouth," Cynthia said. "Let's go."

Cynthia grabbed a garbage bag from the kitchen, and they made their way to the living room. Eddie started to distribute all the presents of the day. Cynthia snuggled closer against Eddie's side as he sat down next to her.