Chapter Seventy Nine - Things Go Badly

Cynthia woke up in the boat. She reached for Eddie, but he was gone. She sat up and saw Eddie walking over to her.

"Morning," Cynthia said.

"Morning," Eddie smiled at her as he knelt besides.

"What time is it?" Cynthia rubbed her eyes.

"Almost noon," Eddie said. He held out a small bowl of dry cereal. "Sorry it's not more. It's the only thing that's left in the cabinets."

"Thanks," Cynthia took the bowl and started to eat the cereal.

"I radioed Nancy," Eddie said. "They said that they'll be back as soon as possible."

"Hopefully with some food," Cynthia said.

"They said they would," Eddie nodded. "And beer. God, I need a six-pack."

"Count me in," Cynthia said.

"You're going to drink?" Eddie raised an eyebrow.

"After the shitty week we've had, fuck yeah," Cynthia nodded. She put down the empty bowl and stretched. "Do you know if Reefer Rick has any running water?"

"Yeah," Eddie nodded. "Why?"

"Because I need a shower," Cynthia said as she got out of the boat. "And, judging by the look of you, so do you. When was the last time you took a shower?"

Eddie scratched the back of his neck, "I don't see how that's relevant."

"Answer the question, Eddie," Cynthia said as she crossed her arms.

"Friday morning," Eddie said as he rocked on his heels.

"Yeah, you're taking a shower," Cynthia said. She grabbed Eddie's hand and started to drag him to the house.

"And is this going to be a fun shower?" Eddie asked. "I have been feeling super stressed lately."

"You are ridiculous," Cynthia chuckled as she rolled her eyes.

"That's not a no," Eddie teased as he followed her into the house.

"That's because it's not one," Cynthia said as Eddie lead the way to the bathroom. "I just think you're ridiculous."

"I'm ridiculous?" Eddie asked as he closed the door to the bathroom. "If I didn't know any better, I would say you came here to get laid."

Cynthia's mouth hung open in fake offense, "Do you really think so little of me, Eddie Munson?"

"Not at all," Eddie teased as he turned on the water. "I just like seeing you blush." He shrugged off his leather jacket then shirt.

"I'm not blushing," Cynthia said with a smirk.

"No," Eddie said as he walked up to her. He cupped her chin in his hand and smiled at her. "But you will be."

Cynthia felt a shiver run down her spine. She didn't know what Eddie had planned, but she was going to enjoy every second of it.

The shower ended, and Eddie got out first. He grabbed the one towel and started drying off. Cynthia stood in the shower with her arms around her body. It was cold now that the hot water had been turned off.

"Give me the towel, Eddie," Cynthia said. "I want to put my clothes on."

"I thought you wanted them off," Eddi teased as he put the towel over his head and started to dry his hair.

"Very funny," Cynthia rolled her eyes.

"Just put on your clothes now," Eddie said.

"Are you serious?" Cynthia asked. "One, I'm soaked and I want to be dry when I get into my clothes. Two, your cum is literally dripping down my thighs and I am not going to have my only pair of pants be cum-stained."