Chapter Eighty Two - S.O.S

"Dustin! Dustin! Dustin!" Steve's shout for her brother broke Cynthia out of her complete shock. "Can you hear me? Dustin! Du... Hello? Hel... Hello?"

Cynthia cocked her head at what Steve was doing. She knew that Steve had probably been hit in the head one too many times, but this was something really odd.

"Maybe he really does have rabies," Robin said.

"Hello! Hello?" Steve said.

"What are you doing?" Nancy asked.

"Hello!" Steve shouted once more. "He's here. Henderson. That little shit, he's here. He's like in the walls or something. Just listen."

Everyone went quiet. Cynthia closed her eyes to concentrate on what Steve said was there. Then, she heard it. It was Dustin's voice. It was like she was listening through thick glass: he was muffled.

"Dustin. Dustin! Dustin!" everyone started to shout. "Dustin! Dustin! Can you hear me?"

They followed the sound of Dustin's voice until it sounded like they were right on top of it. They continued to shout but to no avail. Dustin wasn't listening to them. Or maybe he couldn't hear them.

"All right, either this kid can't hear us or he's being a total douche bag," Steve said.

"He can't hear us," Cynthia said. "It's like a two-way mirror except with sound. We can hear him, but he can't hear us."

"Then how the hell are we going to let them know we're here?" Eddie asked.

"Will found a way," Nancy muttered.

"What?" Robin asked.

"Will," Nancy looked at them. "He found a way to speak to Joyce through the lights."

"Lights?" Eddie asked.

"And the demogorgon," Cynthia perked up. "We always knew it was coming because of the light."

"The switch," Nancy pointed at the light. "Try the switch."

"Okay," Steve started to flip the switch. "It's not working."

Cynthia bit her lip and tried to think of a way out of this.

"Guys," Eddie caught their attention. "You seeing this?"

Eddie drew their attention to the light fixture in the Wheeler's kitchen. Cynthia's eyes widened when she saw a strange mist floating around the light. Eddie reached his hand up and touched the swirling particle.

"It tickles," Eddie said.

Robin lifted her hand up and touched it, "It feels kind of good."

Nancy looked at them, "Does anyone know Morse code?"

"The small bit of Morse code I learned when out the window when the demodogs almost killed us," Cynthia said.

"No," Eddie said. Then, he looked like he remembered something. "Wait, does S.O.S count? Is that... is that good?"

"That's amazing, Eddie," Cynthia smiled as she put her arm over his shoulder. "Absolutely amazing."

Eddie put his hand to the mist and started to do the dot and dash sequence for S.O.S. He repeated the sequence. Cynthia bit her lip and hoped that her brother would get the message.

"Okay, that's it. Go, go, go," Steve encouraged.

There was nothing from Dustin in their world. Eddie kept flashing the S.O.S signal. Then, Cynthia heard something from the void.

"Okay, you guys seeing this?" Dustin's voice asked.

Cynthia smiled. Their plan had worked. They all figured out that Dustin wanted them to be around something that they could spell out. Cynthia had never been more grateful that Nancy had a six year old sister. They went to Holly's toy and all looked at it. Nancy touched it. Something must of happened because she heard Dustin from the other side.