Chapter Forty Eight - Off to Weathertop

Eventually, Dustin and Erica found them in the bathroom. They all went outside to the main area of the mall. Cynthia took a deep breath as she sound outside the bathroom. She could finally start to feel the drugs leave her system. Nothing was too loud or too bright anymore. It was normal. However, her skin still felt like it was crawling. Cynthia didn't like that, but with the current circumstances, she was going to take what she could get.

Then, Steve grabbed her arm and started to drag her away. They were running. Cynthia felt a surge of nausea at the random touch, but kept going. If they were running, it meant that the Russians were close by. Cynthia wasn't going to stay around for that. They kept running until they ran into some very familiar faces. Cynthia didn't know how they knew that they were in trouble, but she wasn't going to argue against the help. She smiled as she saw Nancy and Jonathan run over to them. Her eyes widened when she saw the car that was flipped over in the mall.

"Everyone, get over here!" Jonathan yelled. "I found them."

Mike, Will, Lucas, Max, and El all walked over to the group. Cynthia was so glad to see that all the kids were safe and sound. Though, the wound on El's leg did look a bit concerning.

"What the hell?" Robin exclaimed.

Dustin smiled at El, "You flung that thing like a Hot Wheel!"

"Lucas?" Erica asked.

Lucas looked confused, "What are you doing here?"

"Ask them," Erica pointed to the three teenagers and Dustin. "It's their fault."

"True, yeah. Totally true," Robin nodded. She was starting to ramble. "It's absolutely our fault." She looked over at the destroyed car. "I don't understand what happened to that car."

"El has superpowers," Dustin said.

"I'm sorry?" Robin said.

"Superpowers," Dustin clarified. "She threw it with her mind."

"C'mon, catch up," Steve teased.

Erica looked over at the group, "That's El?"

"Who's El?" Robin asked again.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Nancy asked.

"I'm Robin," she introduced herself. "I work with Steve and Cynthia."

"She's awesome," Cynthia said.

"She cracked the top secret code," Steve said.

"Yeah, which is how we found out about the Russians," Dustin said.

"Russians?" Jonathan asked. "Wait, what Russians?"

"The Russians!" Steve said.

"Ya know, the people who probably got the car thrown at them," Cynthia said.

"Those were Russians?" Lucas asked.

"Some of them," Dustin said.

"What are you talking about?" Mike asked.

"Didn't you hear our code red?" Dustin asked.

"Yeah," Mike said. "Couldn't understand what you were saying."

"Goddamn low battery," Dustin cursed.

"How many times do I have to tell you with the low battery?" Steve scolded.

"Well, everything worked out, didn't it?" Dustin countered.

"Worked out?" Steve looked at Dustin perplexed. "We almost died."

"Yeah, but we didn't, did we?" Dustin looked at him.

"It was pretty damn close," Steve argued.

"Boys, not the time," Cynthia shut the argument down.