Chapter Seventy Three - Almost Spring Break

"DUSTIN, COME ON!" Cynthia yelled from the living room. "WE NEED TO GO!"

"I'M COMING!" Dustin yelled from his room.

"IF YOU'RE NOT OUT IN TWO MINUTES I'M LEAVING YOU!" Cynthia yelled.

"SHIT! I'M COMING!" Dustin yelled. There was some shuffling from Dustin's room, and he appeared in the living room. "See, I'm here. You don't need to leave me." The siblings headed towards the door. "You need to stop being overdramatic about this type of stuff."

"I don't like being late," Cynthia said as they got to her car. "And you need to understand that unless you want to be riding your bike to school again."

"Why are you so cranky?" Dustin asked.

"I couldn't fall asleep last night," Cynthia said. "I just had a weird feeling in my stomach that pretty much kept me up all night."

"That sucks," Dustin said. "But you don't need to take it out on me."

"Sorry," Cynthia said.

"Apology accepted," Dustin said.

The Henderson siblings (though one of them wasn't a Henderson anymore) made their way to school. Once they got to the parking lot, Cynthia got out of the car and made her way to her locker. She wasn't the most excited about this pep rally being first thing in the morning. She was even less excited that she couldn't stand with Robin or Nancy. Stupid band and school newspaper. Luckily, she had Eddie.

"Do we really have to go to this?" Eddie moaned as he leaned against the locker next to Cynthia's.

Cynthia didn't even glance at him as she put her books into her locker, "Well, considering the entire school has to go. Yeah." She closed her lockers and turned towards Eddie. "You actually have to sit through a pep rally."

"Or," Eddie said as he wrapped Cynthia into a hug. "We could go do something else."

"Don't give me that look," Cynthia said.

"What look?" Eddie asked.

"It's the look you always have when you have idea that could totally get us in trouble," Cynthia said.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Eddie tried to defend himself.

"Okay, then what's your plan?" Cynthia asked.

"Let's just go to the Hellfire room and make out," Eddie said with a smile.

"You're ridiculous," Cynthia rolled her eyes. "Let's do it."

Eddie and Cynthia made their way to and stayed in the Hellfire room until it was time for lunch. Most of the time was spent making out, but there was some talk of their spring break plans. But mostly just making out. By the time the lunch bell rang, Eddie and Cynthia were heading out the door. Eddie made sure to grab a magazine from the table. They headed to the lunch room and took their usual spots at the head of the table. Everyone else started to file in. Once most of the table was there, Eddie opened the magazine and started to read it to everyone.

"The Devil has come to America," Eddie was making his voice deeper. Cynthia couldn't help but smile and roll her eyes at his antics. "Dungeons and Dragons, at first regarded as
a harmless game of make-believe, now has both parents and psychologists concerned." Eddie had everyone's attention at the table. "Studies have linked violent behavior to the game, saying it promotes satanic worship, ritual sacrifice, sodomy, suicide, and even murder!" Eddie tore the magazine away from his face. Cynthia knew that the magazine article had had him riled up. He didn't like that they were being accused of such things just because they were having fun. She was vaguely aware of her brother and Mike sitting down at the table.