8. Apocalyptic Landscape

Kim Teho

Kim Teho

The first day of the semester was usually the best one by Teho's standards. The buzz coming back to the halls, the girls with their squealing, the boys with fun rumors from long, hot summer nights. The school came back to life again after a long pause.

His good mood lasted a while, lavishing in the loving attention everybody was so eager to give.

"Oppa, how was your summer?" one of many girls asked.

"Ya Teho-ssi, beer later, you in?" a boy from fashion design waved at him.

"Teho-ah I have this idea, wanna hear it?" another classmate chimed in.

The gorgeous boy preened, being finally wanted again after a long, unfortunately lonely summer.

The atmosphere shifted after going back to the photography studio where he would continue his seemingly never-ending argument with Jitae, the department assistant.

Here we go again.

Teho knew it would start once he opened the door and the awful flowery smell attacked his nose.

He really should change his cologne.

The uptight blond boy with pursed lips pestered Teho around the room as though his life depended on it, intentionally trying to get a reaction while the other boys laughed at the cheap theater they had been missing during the break.

"I should have bought popcorn," one boy muttered and the crowd rustled with chuckles.

"We need to reorganize," the blond assistant said, furrowing a brow at Teho, holding an afternoon coffee. Going for an unbothered look, a blue sweater laid leisurely on his shoulders.

"Right, Teho-ssi?" Jitae asked.

"I don't feel the need," Teho answered, sitting on the comfy old sofa, interrupted in the middle of his routine work review. He covered his anger at this intrusion with a joking tone.

I'm not letting him get under my skin so soon.

"You should, hyung. We talked about it last semester and you promised you'd clean your station after the exams ended," Jitae closed the distance, making faces over the pile of what once was Teho's workspace.